1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will someone explain to me how the warriors get 5 days off

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by icecreamman, May 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

between game 2 and game 3. same thing happened last series too

2. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

sorry this was in the wrong section

3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I posted the scheduling format in the Warriors vs Blazers thread to debunk the scheduling conspiracy theorists.

Simply put, the NBA finals begins on a Thursday. Game 7 of the west finals needs to be on the Monday before if needed. Game 7 of the east finals needs to be scheduled on the Sunday before if needed. Next year they will alternate with game 7 of the west finals ending on the Sunday before the finals, and east game 7 ending on the Monday before the finals. They alternated every year. Even years like this west finals on TNT/east finals ESPN/abc. Odd years is reversed.

Warriors series gets a long break between game 2/3 because neither teams had to play a game 7. If either teams had to play a game 7, the west finals would have Begin on this Wednesday going every other day ending on a Monday with no long break.

You still with me? Toronto had a game 7 today so the east finals begins this Tuesday and goes every other day ending on a Sunday. If Toronto would have won in 6. Game 1 of east finals would have been today, game 2 would have been Tuesday, they would have skipped Thursday and not played game 3 til Saturday. So to recap, if the raptors took care of business in 6, there would have been a long break between games 2/3 in the east as well.

There is no scheduling favoritism. It's a formula that will alternate.

2 people like this.
  4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I explained the scheduling format in the middle of the second round when people were crying about the Warriors getting long rest between games 2/3. The conference finals are scheduled exactly how I told you it would.

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

How do you get 5 days out of games on the 18th and the 22nd?

They get the 19th, 20th, and 21st off. Thats 3 days off

6. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I forgot to add that if both conference finals end in 4 or 5 games, there is potential for the finals to begin early on May 31. As it is, the finals begins on June 2.

In recent years They rarely move up the start date of the finals. One recent example is in 2011 when the mavs and heat both won conference finals in 5 and they moved it up from Thursday to Tuesday. But that also had to do with them wanting the finals to end earlier so they could start negotiations on preventing the 2011 lockout which wound up happening.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

TNT doesn't want to air this game on a ratings suck night like Friday. So it gets skipped in the East/West game rotation.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They want Stephen Curry to heal well. Maybe?

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Will someone explain to me how this rah-tard still gets thread starting privileges?

10. rockets13champs

Traveling and they wanna stretch this out to June

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Nicely put. I believe playoff scheduling conspiracies are a topic of conversation every summer for years now.