1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will/Should Josh Smith start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Dec 24, 2014.

?

Will/Should Josh Smith start

1. Yes

71.9%
  2. No

28.1%
  1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Hopefully he will be setting the picks for Harden that Dwight doesn't want to set.

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

How exactly does D-Mo offer more spacing?

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

You act like DMo is jacking up 10 3's a night lol. Smith and DHoward might be good together since both of them are amazing defenders and rebounders, they can grab the rebound from their own clanked shots. Then what can happen is you split the PT between DH, DMo and Smith so each gets around 30 mins, a combo of DHoward/JSmith, Dhoward/DMo and Dmo/JSmith actually works and would give opposing front courts a head ache.

1 person likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Where was the "oh hell no" option in the poll?

#24 No Worries, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  5. hakeemthagreat

Pick & roll with Harden/Smith will be NASTY. Or Smith/Dwight will be even worse. We have so many damn options. This will be crazy

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

D-Mo:::Smith:::Howard big man rotation
    32 minutes each
    16 of D-Mo's minutes as back up C

massive upgrade getting Dorsey and Black out of the rotation (no knock on them though)

Plus I want the Russian Lithuanian Greek night train!

7. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I would hope he's playing with a chip on his shoulder. Would be great to show that he can be a team first guy. And committed to making the team look better and not just himself

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

He is and he should, D-Mo to the bench is perfect since Howard in there will leave him almost zero post-ups. With the bench, D-Mo can go nuts!! TJ is probably not going to be this year so we finally have our PF spot 2-deep.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

No, better off bench for now.

Give him 10 days to practice shooting. Start him when he's 50/40/90. :grin::grin:

10. adagio75

adagio75 Member

Hope he just doesnt do things like this on a consistent basis...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FZhrwS5W2Xk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Pay attention... He's starting, that was well known! Stupid question.

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If Aldridge, AD, Dirk, Blake, Duncan, ZBo & Ibaka are all starting this season, then yes, Smith should start. While his offense is in question, let us not forget that Josh Smith is a very good defender.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm ok with him starting if that was the only way he'd sign here. He can fill the same role T-Jones did before his injury. Garbage buckets, fast break points, and defense(only a lot better).

But D-Mo has to be the go-to guy when he comes off the bench. Run the offense through him in the post. And I hope he still gets to finish games. He may not be a very good foul shooter, but I trust him with the ball in the final minutes more than I do Dwight.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

He will start. Whether he should is highly questionable. Oh well, Rockets will figure it out. I'm a fan of the signing no matter what happens.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So two more efficient younger players get pushed aside for a guy dumped for being a cancer, this is a risk, but it is happening so might as well get on board.

DD

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That tweet right there from DALLAS STEIN.

That will be CUBAN'S "excuse" as to why DALLAS lost out on Smith.

Gotcha!

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Our depth just went from scary bad to scary good in just a couple of days. Getting healthy and now adding Brewer and Smoove (and I guess Shved sorta?) makes me feel a lot better about the roster going forward.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I understand the reservations some have over bringing him in, but his situation in Detroit is not his situation in Houston.

Like Rondo going from Boston to Dallas, I think it's a move that no doubt helps it's just to what degree does it help.

And at that price tag you take that chance every single time.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol **** that.

Earn that ish boy.

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Nobody is getting pushed aside! Dmo moving to the bench will make him the go-to guy when he's in. He'll get just as many looks in the post.

Adding him, along with Brewer, our bench is suddenly pretty good.