1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Raptors blow themselves up?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 25, 2015.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah, but hoping to strike gold allows them to stay competitive in the East, which is important financially

Everyone and their moms in Toronto has a bought some sort of WE THE NORTH product, I see way more Raptors jerseys and hats just on the street

ticket prices this year for games have been jacked up so high and they are still selling out.

why risk all of this and lose all this money and hype. Toronto franchises all suck ass, Jays haven't been relevant since the 90's, Leafs just fired their entire coaching staff. Raptors making the playoffs is hyping the entire city up because people are so desperate for any kind of success.

2. delishman

delishman Member

18th, Dmo, and Pap for Lowry and BRUNO.

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol i wouldnt even do Dmo for lowry straight up

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I even said it. Team was overachieving for tha roster. They finally came back to earth. Derozan reminds me of Rudy Gay

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Get rid of DeRozan.

I see him as another Rudy Gay.

Everytime I've seen the Raptors I've seen him go full Kobe hog mode.

I cannot fathom why Kyle Lowry is paid his money to bring the ball up then go stand on the side near the corner - I've seen it too often.

EDIT: Didn't even read the thread before posting... Should've checked the one poster above who has the same feeling as me!

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lowry is probably one of the worse NBA PG in the second half of the season.

Pretty sure he is even worse than Lin.

So there is much more than he was injured.

I won't touch him at all.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Toronto is the North, then this series vs. the Wizards is pretty much the Red Wedding.

2 people like this.
  8. RESINator

RESINator Member

Win. lmao

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here we go. Potentially last game in a Raptor uniform for Amir Johnson, Lou Williams, Landry Fields, Chuck Hayes, Hansbrough, Stiemsma</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/592458677128396800">April 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I’d bring Patterson and Bruno back. Lowry because you wouldn’t get enough for him.</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/592478378168553472">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Raptors have had endless patience with Terrence Ross. He has not repaid them in the slightest. They still believe. No clue why.</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/592482989902340096">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>What should they do? I’ll assume Marc Gasol stays put. Go hard after Millsap. Trade DeRozan, try to get Middleton or Wes Matthews/Carroll</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/592485183372296192">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Look, DeMar’s a great guy, love his work ethic, but he’s one of the most overrated players in the NBA. How does he help you win?</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/592485809984544768">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Though I’d deal DeRozan, he’s been far down list of problems in this series. Lowry no-showed, Valanciunas was awful, the D historically bad.</p>&mdash; Ryan Wolstat (@WolstatSun) <a href="https://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/592489706727813121">April 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I would love to snag Vazquez from the Raptors. He would be starting point guard right now, even with a healthy Bev but he would be a great back up as well.

I'd give them Pap as an expiring for him. Salaries would be pretty close.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think Toronto, if they are trying to add to the team rather than sell pieces for assets, should go after Omer Asik. They really need to improve their defense and that starts with some rim protection-- which is what they hoped Valanciunas would give them but he hasn't.

Maybe Roy Hibbert, who is now unwanted in Indy and can be had for probably pretty cheap.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Roy Hibbert for DeMar Derozan would be an interesting place to start.

Pacers need more scoring and a x-factor and the Toronto needs a rim protector.

Both DeMar and Roy need fresh starts. Roy for obvious reasons but DeMar is on the edge of Rudy Gay pre-Kings trade.

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I don't see how Patterson could fit in to our system. Especially if we retain Josh Smith.

I'd rather have Smith than Patterson. And if we don't get to keep Smith, I don't think we should be wasting cap space or roster space on Patterson.

Lowry, on the other hand, would be great. Derozan would be nice coming off the bench, but the financial are probably impossible with Derozan.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I want the Bruno.

15. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I agree, Vazquez would be very nice as starting PG next to Harden. He doesn't need the ball all the time and can actually shoot the 3 consistant.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Looks like a great trade to me! I think we should throw in some first round picks too. ;)

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not sure about Lowry, never seems to play 100% for a full season. Would rather have a younger guy with less injury issues, there are enough great PGs in the league.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't think we need to tie up $12 mil of cap space for a 3 and D guy, imo. Also, I'm not sure Lowry would mesh with our roster. Lowry is pretty ball dominant.