1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will President Trump spend the majority of his weekends at Mar-A-Lago?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Will President Trump spend majority of weekends at Mar-A-Lago?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2018.
  1. Yes

81.3%
  2. No

6.3%
  3. I abstain, courteously

12.5%
  1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And by the way... Trump won't be staying at and playing golf at his Mar A Lago this weekend. Instead, he has a long weekend planned at his New Jersey resort and golf club. Good news for us tax payers... this resort/golf course is apparently less expensive. So Trump brags about saving the country money.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-golf-club-to-avoid-disrupting-nyc-save-money

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This is going to be his summer retreat. The town has already been informed of it and sent the White House an estimate for what their costs will be because of it.

3. NewRoxFan

Maybe we should check with this guy about all these trips on the country's dime?

4. dmoneybangbang

Lol. Trump comes off as a person who lives in his own reality.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That is maybe the most charitable explanation I can think of.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If the success of a presidency is measure by how much time the president spend at the golf courses, Trump would be the greatest president in history.

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Fox News don't have time to cover what the Trumps are doing because they are too busy with the Obama family.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was looking for the paragraph that said Obama was costing the taxpayer money with his vacations and didn't find it anywhere.

11. NewRoxFan

Whatever the amount, you can be sure it was sizzling and ultra luxury...

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How awesome is it though to be able to take your teenage daughters to Brando's private island, to Bali, to Necker Island, to Oahu, and to Tuscany in one extended globetrotting jaunt? Aside from the tedium of almost always being on islands, that's a great opportunity for a father. I hope they are having a great time.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's unfair!!!

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't been disappointed with Obama's or Trump's work ethic. I don't think either are lazy.

15. NewRoxFan

In all honesty, I agree, all of our presidents, past and present had/have an incredibly demanding job that doesn't follow a clock. If Trump and some of the Obama critics hadn't made a big stink about Obama's golf course visits hardly any criticism for Trump would be warranted. Just as none of the complaints about GWB trips to Crawford (and to be honest, I liked that GWB mountain biked there... a shared activity). But Trump opened the door with all of his tweets about Obama...

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Those were dumb and ridiculous attack on Obama golfing. Didn't give a care about the Trump visits, until the price tag :eek:. Royalty.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not that it matters compared to the rest of the scandals, but Trump is now up to 21% of his time in office (35 days) spent golfing.

18. NewRoxFan

The positive way to view Trump's preference to play golf than govern... it means he only has 79% of his time screwing up the country...

Canadiandude likes this.
  19. conquistador#11

is he playing near a swamp? filled with gators perhaps, ala happy gilmore? eh, alligator would miss his small hands and just bite air.

20. NewRoxFan

I wonder how "scrubbed" these logs will be. And note... no such logs from Trump Tower are available...

NEW: Group says it will release visitor logs for Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/l...gs-for-trump-mar-lago/MuidXUREDvuAoLMLHxRuuI/

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342324-mar-a-lago-visitor-logs-to-be-released