1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will President Trump spend the majority of his weekends at Mar-A-Lago?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Will President Trump spend majority of weekends at Mar-A-Lago?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2018.
  1. Yes

81.3%
  2. No

6.3%
  3. I abstain, courteously

12.5%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously?

Has it been every single weekend since he was sworn in?

Nook likes this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

I don't blame him as it's YUUUGGGEEE!

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just saw a report that so far Trump has spent 31% of his presidency at Mar A Lago. Which whatever... who cares, but it has ALREADY cost American tax payers 10 Million dollars. Camp David costs like 8 million A YEAR to maintain & have Presidents retreat at. Plus its secure as hell where you're not discussing foreign policy at the hotel wine bar.

Fiscal conservatives you say...... The phony Republicans need to be called out for the BS every day.

4. Buck Turgidson

He's very content to go be Trump while letting his underlings do the actual work of governance.

I'm assuming he still has his 1-page briefing read to him on speakerphone at night-night time.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, cutting the NEA is needed to pay for Trump's Mar A Lago trips. I mean NEA grants benefit artists audiences and the American Culture in general, but that's not as important as Trump going to Mar A Lago.

sirbaihu and Nook like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Or we could be talking about his proposed 25% cut (3000 jobs!) to the EPA so he can fund his increased military budget.

Ottomaton likes this.
  7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What really is the purpose of this thread? Considering he doesnt take a salary..I really dont care what he does on his weekends.

mick fry likes this.
  8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I do not support the work of imperialist stooges!!

9. dandorotik

Because not taking a salary will clearly compensate for the millions of excessive dollars he is spending at the taxpayer's expense. Oy vey.

10. Nook

Nook Member

No clue.

I never fell for his cheesy salary scheme but I also don't care if he wastes tens of millions on transportation if it helps him be a better the President.

The real issue is that he is a compulsive liar. His level of dishonesty is so far beyond any prior President that it is dangerous.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I can tolerate this as a response..Its ur opinion and you are entitled to it(seriously disagree)...But railing on Trump's travel plans?? come on...get over it. He is the President of the United States...

12. dandorotik

You seriously disagree he is a compulsive liar? Amazing.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The gold course seems to be the only place where he is somewhat competent and in his element.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Yeah, nothing ever happens in the world on a weekend.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and R0ckets03 like this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is he paying for all these weekend trips himself?

DonnyMost likes this.
  16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Truthfully he should be able to live or stay anywhere he wants as long as the Secret Service believes it can be secured, but probably even if they don't. Didn't the Vice President used to have to buy his own place before they refurbished the Naval Observatory?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

omg, this has to be one of the most stupid points to make ever. His trips cost millions, the fact that he has to have 24/7 security at Trump tower costs millions, the fact that his family needs to be protected and also take trips with him costs millions.

but but it's all ok because he's forgoing a few hundred k a year in salary.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Where do you think the money for this travel comes from?

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Just LOL at all the liberals' puckered butts in this thread.

I guess you've already forgotten about Obama's lavish Hawaiian vacations and all his golf - even after an American was beheaded by ISIS for the first time.

mick fry likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

We certainly remember all of your complaints about Obama playing golf. And, we also remember how you you haven't complained at all about Trump, even though he started playing golf shortly after the inauguration ceremony and hasn't missed a round since. Hypocrisy much?

Trump on track to spend exorbitant amount of taxpayer dollars on travels
    By one estimate the president has already rung up as much in travel costs as the Obama and Biden families did in eight years – all at the expense of taxpayers

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/04/donald-trump-travel-costs-mar-a-lago-taxpayers

Of course, hypocrisy seems the theme of the Trump presidency and his supporters: