1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will NY Match???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by primtim24, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Will NY Match

Poll closed Jul 30, 2012.
  1. Not a chance they match

13.5%
  2. They could, but I doubt it

42.6%
  3. Right now it's 50/50

25.8%
  4. They probably will

13.5%
  5. They will 100% match it!

4.7%
  1. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Steven A Smith was talking about how NY was questioning about how Lin got big headed when he became a star for the Knicks. They said he was worried about dropping his value for his contract offer when the Knicks was playing against the Heat in the first round of the playoffs. Lin was 85% ready to play but he kept saying he wasn't ready because he didn't want to go up against the Heat while others were battling painful knee problems, family issues etc and still went out onto the court and played their hearts out. That was a concern for the Knicks about whether he is actually worth 30 mil when they are not completely sure how he would turn out as a player/

2. VanityHalfBlack

4) I'm in super-geek-out mode and really, really want us to sign Lin, and God hates me.[/QUOTE]

When you say "us" you mean as a Rocket fan or when you stated you live in NY, as a Knick fan???

3. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

When you say "us" you mean as a Rocket fan or when you stated you live in NY, as a Knick fan???[/QUOTE]

Dude I need a cold shower! I definitely meant "Us" as a Rockets fan... I've lived in NYC since '01 but grew up in Houston and will always be a Rockets fan. But living in New York, last year... Lin-Sanity really was electric. I was jealous, and last year, I remember wishing he was still a Rocket. And now we're close to having that same level of excitement. Fingers crossed.

4. James' Colon

James' Colon New Member

Nice bit of fabrication there.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Someone should post this on a Knicks board.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Don't you think Kidd and Camby will be retired by then? And if they are, it won't count against their cap.

8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I'm beginning to think they WILL match

9. alcatrazpsycho

What in particular makes you believe that?

I happen to feel that way too. For me, it's merely intuition... the feeling just hit me like a freight train a couple of hours ago.

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

If the waiting period were only 24 hrs, I think it would have been a no match for sure (as would a lot of other people). But with local NYers speaking out en masse, east coast sports news networks siding with NY and urging to match (excluding Stephen A), online petitions being created, and the stock not doing so well for MSG, I think Dolan has had a lot to consider. And we still have about 22 hrs left to go till the deadline.

11. thekad

thekad Member

Of course they'll match.

12. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

13. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Will the "most users online" record be beaten tonight?

14. moreyball

moreyball Member

No...

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Do they know about the stretch provision or Joe Johnson being traded to the Nets?

Anyway, I think it's a done deal. No way, the Knicks would not have matched by now if they were keeping him. He's a Rocket.

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Wishful thinking .. I think they take the full time no matter what they decide.They are not happy with Lin or the Rockets and will make us squirm.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That would be totally evil. I love it.