1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will not feel bad if Rockets dont win.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Apr 13, 2019.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

No wuss. Nothing to lose. Let’s take care of Jazz business first.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

You just know the NBA would love a timeline where Warriors 4-peat.

hakeem94 and RetroRockets like this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

May as well start whining before next season starts...

rgw20014life likes this.
  4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Thanks. I guess I won't need to watch anymore basketball since the games are rigged and the Rockets can't win.

I didn't watch the Warriors/Clippers game. But the box score shows the Clippers with more free throw attempts than the Warriors.

Deckard likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The warriors game plan is to just run up the score early and then let their bigs Greene, cousin, looney punish the other team.

The key is they don't care who runs the score up, they had cousins and Greene hitting early threes! Thompson in the post! Wtf!!!!! Looney in the post right off the bench!!!smh

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Remember that we were built to beat the Warriors. The gives us an edge that other teams don't have.

Speaking of the refs, someone on Twitter said: "The Warriors are so good they don't need the refs to win. But..."

#26 topfive, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Exactly. The heart break is part of the fun. Even though it sucks when you’re going through it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fixed

DavidRocket likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I've been here those series and the one in 80 against the Celtics - That was a different era of the NBA …. since then the league has really changed. Remember that Lakers series against the Kings ? That was a travesty … worse than last years Rockets / GSW series where they got every critical call - Same thing happened to the Clippers tonight.

If the Rockets are to get past GSW , they not only have to beat them but they have to beat the Zebra's too and that's tough to do 4 times in 7 games. They are the media darlings with all that star power …and the league wants them back in the finals because they are a big draw.

They've already changed the rules because of Harden drawing fouls …. they have taken away many 4 point play opportunities throughout the season … they tend to swallow their whistles even in the regular season cause he draws so much contact - I expect more of that in the post season.

Sure , it can be done but I aint holding my breath or betting the house on it …. The odds are stacked against them.

Deckard likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

I am sorry but i will feel devastated.We are in the apex of Hardens prime so hence any season we fail to advance is a lost season!. We have arguably one-of the top 5 scorers of all time at his absolute peakeso we need to cash in now.

bmelo and Hakeemtheking like this.
  11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 and T for 3 like this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There are bad takes.... and then there are baaaaaad takes.

BeBreezy likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I totally get what you're saying. We can be confident that the Rockets have the personnel, the talent, the attitude, the coaching, the urgency, the EVERYTHING to take down the Warriors.

Then you factor in the refs and you don't feel as certain about it.

If you were forced to wager everything you own on this series would you pick the Rockets, or the Warriors+Zebras?

That said, we've got a better chance than any other team again this year, regardless of the regular season. And we would have won last year, despite the refs, if CP3 hadn't gone down.

#33 topfive, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    jcf and Deckard like this.
  14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think the window is cracked open; this is our best chance. Got to seize the moment. I have doubts, but we just got to do this. Beep, beep, beep! Somebody got to do it!

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the whole damn league

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Premature knee-jackulation ?

Roomba likes this.
  17. the shark

the shark Member

What a way to go through life.

OP they haven't even played the first game of the series and you're preparing yourself in case they lose?

Enjoy the process and whatever is going to happen is going to happen. It's just a GAME for crying out loud.

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  18. caneks

caneks Rookie

My expectation was one or two rounds for playoffs before the start of the season. all good going forward.

19. bmelo

bmelo Member

More minimum signings and luxury tax savings for you!

20. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no expectations this playoffs run.