1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey Win Manager of the Year If Rockets land both Lin & Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by typhooonn, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Will Morey Win Manager of the Year If Rockets land both Lin & Dwight Howard?

1. Yes, Morey will win the award if Rockets could get both

52.1%
  2. No, he won't no matter what

34.0%
  3. No Idea

13.9%
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Morey gets Manager of the Year if he lands Howard.

If he gets Lin, he loses it. :)

2. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

why? Lin would be Les' cash cow. Heck he would be your cash cow if Morey gets him.

3. DChapman22

DChapman22 New Member

He'll get one.... or both. Then we got ourselves a game!

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

lol. You really don't understand me or my motives in running ClutchFans. We were here way before Yao, during Yao and now long past Yao. I don't need "cash cows" or gimmicks.

Building a title contender -- that's what I care about. I'm not impatient either... prefer the slow rebuild over the risky quick fix.

5. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

We have better odds at landing Dwight Howard than Jeremy Lin. I don't care how insane that sounds, it's the truth. Jeremy Lin's salary pays itself in an Asian market like NY....they aren't going to be scared off by a dollar amount when it comes to him.

6. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Do people really think Lin is good?

He averages 5 TOs a game when he was playing in those 12 -15 games without carmelo. His Assist to turnover ratio was terrible!

7. tzou88

tzou88 Member

I really don't see how this is relevant...

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Tell you what. If he can keep Dwight and get Lin then yes its no doubt from me at least. If he can get Bynum then thats decent too since Bynum would actually stay most likely.

9. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

They won didn't they?

10. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

because essentially it's a business.

11. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Yes, against non playoff teams. He was exposed vs. Heat.

12. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

Some people overate Lin too much. lol

13. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

don't tell me that unless you get rid of all those online advertisements. Guess you must be happy to lose 2 million dollars to exchange a title won by Rockets.

14. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Didn't realize the Mavs and Lakers were non-playoff teams. And the Heat focused on him like a superstar. He was hardly exposed. He was an undrafted, virtual "rookie" who'll get better with experience.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

So you actually think the Lin deal is bad? I don't really see that. If we still had Lowry or Dragic on the roster, then sure.

Right now our point guard situation is pretty cringe-inducing... Lin looks like a pretty clear upgrade.

16. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I hope someone photoshop a Big catch picture with Morey and a Big Fish with Howard face on it.. If Houston pull off this trade! lol

17. Sigmund

Sigmund Member

Lakers and Mavs, terrible road teams. Heat played like they always do, switch on pick and rolls. And that's all he know. He is back up point guard at best, shoot first player, no left hand, suspect jumper, terrible defender.

18. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I view this question as "if McHale takes the current Rockets roster to the final, will he win coach of the year title."

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

If Knicks want to win like the Heat, they decline Lin, but if they don't want to lose a lot of the fan base nationally/internationally, they will sign him like most of Knicks fans want. Chris Paul recently declined Clippers extension while Blake Griffin accepted, the only place where he can play with a built team is the Knicks because Lakers has Nash, Bulls has D.Rose, Heat has D.Wade, Celtics has Rondo and Nets has D.Will. The Mavs could be an option, but the team is missing a lot of parts. It is not as easy as it seems because Paul is a major upgrade over Lin/Kidd, so I think the Knicks are going to be in a mess this year and the next.

20. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I would give him that award if he gets both players AND both stayed with the team for a while...