1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Morey prove all the doubters wrong and make the big splash for Howard or Bynum?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 10, 2012.

?

Will Morey be able to pull of the big splash trade for either Howard or Bynum?

1. Yes

256 vote(s)
    68.6%
  2. No

117 vote(s)
    31.4%
  1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yes. I hope so. Bynum. not Howard. Everyone gets what they want. Houston gets Bynum, Lakers get Howard, Orlando gets all of what Houston has to offer for a player who will not be a rental.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he gets either . . . it won't prove doubters wrong
    When you have reason to doubt . . .you doubt

Rocket River

3. AFS

AFS Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CeKTtkH_8Tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

No he's not... Bynum is a 4 ft (depth-wise) splash... Howard is a 7 ft/8ft BIG splash!

5. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

D-12 or tank this season with all our picks intact!

6. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

i say tank.. ive had it with this mediocrity team. ill like to watch an exciting young talented team run like the OKC

7. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

First off, all the so called doubt is warranted from fans because Morey hasn't delivered as promised. HOWEVER, Bynum is a huge step. If he can pull off Bynum I'd say Morey earns himself another few years here. Definitely win win for us

8. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

OP acting like Bynum was the "ace-in-the-hole" for Morey all these months and he's a brilliant GM. This was an opportunity separate from the draft failure. If Morey gets through with Bynum then he breaks even for failing with Dwight.

9. ejarts

ejarts Member

I don't get why some of you guys don't want Bynum. He's got a fighter mentality from the 90s and will back his teammates up whenever. I miss those players. Only MWP is left, and Bynum. Maybe you've just gone p***y. I'd rather have him than Dwight the drama queen who wants superfriends to team up with and gets everybody fired. Why would you want that type of player to lead our team? Especially considering that this organization is built with hearts of a champion, not Divas.
    Bynum has already won championships and don't you think he would love to be mentored by cocky McHale, The great Olajuwon, and Yao Ming? Hell be continuing the greatness.of Rockets centers.

You really think Dwight deserves to be among the great centers here? After everything he did to Magic organization. No thanks. I'd rather take my chance on an immature kid who don't mind being in Houston.

10. dmcray95

dmcray95 Member

Booom

Boom

11. tracymcyao

tracymcyao New Member

In morey I trust...

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I think Kobe and Nash will convince Howard to go to LA, therefor I expect Bynum to be a Rocket by the end of the week.

13. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I really thought we were in tank mode...

I like this deal. I think it gets us closer to rebuilding (Bynum is only 25!). The Lakers get really old (Nash, Kobe, probably Scola) and win the title this year, but that is it.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The thing that will annoy me is if a Howard or Bynum trade does come through, all the Morey worshippers will come out of the woodwork and tell the doubters to eat crow and will completely ignore how the ready-made supporting cast we supposedly had to complement him just completely evaporated. In my mind, acquiring Howard or Bynum is insufficient to vindicate the Les/Morey strategy. That player would have to re-up and we'd have to be contenders within a couple of seasons to meet the expectations they set.

Well, because he's perpetually injured, except for this last season. We just went through that crap with Yao and you want to do it again with Bynum? Howard may be an egomaniac diva, but he hasn't missed many games until this last season. If Bynum's body as a young man couldn't hold up, do you really want to be holding the bag with him as he gets older? I sure don't. Are you deluding yourself into thinking his injury troubles are behind him? It doesn't usually work that way.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

I think you severely underestimate Morey's ability to attain a supporting cast.

16. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I'm beginning to think we will end up with Dwight or Bynum but quite frankly I'd rather build from the bottom up through the draft. To obtain one of these players through a trade we will have to trade a good chunk of our future. I think patience will get us to the top not trading for cry baby stars.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Getting the star is the hard part. Morey has had no problem getting tons of complementary players.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

But remember tomorrow Morey gets the kiss of death when this changes back to

WHAT HAPPENED???? Why the Dwight and Bynum deals fell through?????

Then I show this below again to some of you.
    [​IMG]
    KISS OF DEATH!

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You can doubt and be wrong.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He might be able to build something again. It doesn't do anything to justify sitting around for 3 years with his thumb in his butt saying how he was going to plug in a star into this ready-to-compete team. If he gets Dwight, I'll be happy we finally have a franchise player. And, I hope you're right Morey can build around him But, it won't mean I was wrong to criticize him for not tanking a long time ago, or conversely for trading away his veterans for 50 cents on the dollar.