1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Melo Play In A Rockets Jersey Again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Nov 14, 2018.

?

Will Melo Play In A Rockets Jersey Again?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. No

99 vote(s)
    78.0%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

TC fans aren’t passionate enough to boo Melo...Red Rowdies might even chant his name again :confused:

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Agree with dough_ku. Also, I assume Morey will make a trade to bolster the team before the deadline.

One thing, however. While I was never a big Melo fan when he played for the Nuggest, Knicks or especially Thunder, I was hoping he would succeed here. It's the same for me with CP3. I couldn't stand him on the clippers.

I think Melo's game just doesn't fit the Rockets' style, and his offensive potential doesn't offset the defensive liability - not only his personal defensive issues, but the wider detrimental effect it has on the team. Also, I think D'Antoni could have done a better job integrating him into the offense. However, when you consider how well it flowed last year, what long-term cost to the season would that have had? Do you really want to take such a risk, when it might ultimately be a case of stuffing a square peg in a round hole? While some Clutchfans posters might spin this situation to feed into whatever narrative they subscribe to (Fire Morey! It's MDA's fault! Melo sux!), I don't think you should extensively blame any of them; I honestly believe they all thought they could make it work. Sometimes you just need to cut bait.

As a result, I vehemently disagree with the Melo hate and schadenfreude, and I hope he finds greener pastures elsewhere in the NBA (preferably in the east).

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Just doesn't fit here in Houston. I saw him more as a replacement to Ryan Anderson, however, his ego won't allow for such a role.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’ll vote yes.

Wishful thinking but I hope he gets a grip on reality and comes in and will play his role. He needs to realize he’s closer to bench warmer than star at this point in his career.

5. basketballholic

Doubtful. MDA and Melo both too stubborn to do what's best for everyone.

hakeem94 and kjayp like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Doesn't seem likely at this point.

The only way I could see it happening is if the team goes on a streak and crosses .500 and decides to give him a 2nd chance to see how he looks on a stabilized Rockets team. There was a little bit too many conflating factors in the early season performance to separate what was causing what.

But most likely he forces his way out.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Will melo appear again?

They must give up the location of the secret passageway.

#28 daywalker02, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Harden and Paul strongly support Melo, don't want to waive him.

What if nobody wants him?

What if someone wants compensation to take him?

He has to play again here.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. mockster

mockster Member

It sounds like everybody likes what melo brings. He’s a great weapon to have, it seems like the only issue is melo himself not liking his lessend role and sounds like possibly even less of a role depending on matchups.

Melo no doubt makes us better, morey agrees, coach agrees and Paul agrees. Your not gonna find that many players to back up the PF right now in the season. He has off nights but he’s a guy that can randomly score 30 or a scoring boost of 10-15 points. He also can have off nights which is pretty normal for everyone [eric gordon has had an off night every night but I don’t see any pitchforks on him ironically]

I think this will all come down to melo. He’s not gonna get the role he really wants so I can only imagine this would be a melo retirement if he decides to leave.

Morey could be saving face but I think it’s more complicated then it all seems. Morey Gave every indication that they wanted to continue to roll with melo. It’s all melo at this point.

So people saying “told you so” or “he sucks” are blind, melo is the one that’s unsure not anybody else

If rockets truley wanted to rid of melo they would’ve done so already it’s oretty obvious melo is the hold up here.

#31 mockster, Nov 15, 2018
  12. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Sounds like a little MDA revenge going on for NY

13. BigBum

BigBum Member

I have this in my mind too. This would completely kill Melo's career.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

You can't just listen to what Morey says. Melo is a weak party, powerless.

There are more things happened than we thought. Morey and MDA lack of full transparency. They are not full honest to the fans.
    MDA and Melo case is in no full transparency.
    Green and Durant case is in full transparency.

#34 BigBum, Nov 15, 2018
  15. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Well it is pretty clear. Harden, Paul, Tucker all tried to get him back. DM talked about him coming back in public. Only real person that doesn't address it is MDA. When he gets asked it is ask DM.

basketballholic likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hopefully not

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The team is probably just playing better because the rotation was shortened and harden and cp3 are just now getting into shape. If we played an 8 man rotation with Melo the team would be still look good.

18. mockster

mockster Member

Obvioisly Morey didn’t say what was happening but it’s beyond obvious it’s all melo calling the shots. I think they liked his play for the team, he’s a lot better then majority of players. People are only hating on him because he’s a high profile player but Eric Gordon making brick houses is excused. Melo is still playing better then players on our team.

I think rockets still like what melo brings, low risk, high reward. I just don’t think melo likes the thought of a even more lessend role at times.

People just want a scapegoat for rockets woes when it’s obviously Paul and harden not playing up to par and having terrible effort/defense. They’ve been getting it together but no it’s not cuz melo or his presence that’s stupid

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is a classic Reeko line.

Reeko and hakeem94 like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't discount the effect of a moping former star. Gary and iHart may play freer knowing they don't have someone breathing down their neck. CP3 and Harden may play better knowing they don't have to make sure Melo is happy in the offense. Harden and CP3 can pass to anyone knowing the person they are passing to is happy being a guy.

hakeem94 likes this.