1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Lin be another Dragic/Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theangrycanary, May 4, 2014.

1. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Everyone who argues that Lin "shut Lillard down in the 4th" ignores the fact that he let him go off for 11 in like three minutes in the first quarter, simply because he can't get around a screen. Not to mention Lillard didn't even look for his offense in the fourth quarter.

I'm just so tired of the inconsistency and terrible decision-making with Lin. His game 5 was great and I was cheering him on like crazy, but the fact that I was so surprised is what I hate about it. Games like that are few and far, far between with Lin. The rest of the series he was simply not good, and had crushing mental mistakes at the end of three close games.

2. Razsan

Razsan Member

Lin denied the ball that's why Lillard didn't score. I'm not saying Bev didn't play good D on him. The best way to prevent a shooter like Lillard from scoring is deny and play tight.

3. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

I just wish Lin gets moved to another team in the off season, for everybody's sake.

It's clear a significant portion of Rockets fans don't rate him or like him, whether it's fair or not, doesn't matter. Lin wasn't given a fair crack of doing well in this Rockets team. Nobody's fault, it just happened that way after Rockets signed Harden. Again, nobody's fault this happened.

Lin has shown that given significant playing time and a long leash to play through bad spells in a game, and get into a rhythm, he's a significant offensive threat. His inconsistent displays, I believe, are down to being given an unclear role in the team and increased pressure to perform, being put on a very short leash.

Lin is still putting up solid stats, despite the above restrictions, and given greater freedom, he could flourish on another team. If Rockets can move him with his rising balloon payment, next season, then that would be good for the Rockets and potentially better for Lin's development.