1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Lin be another Dragic/Lowry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theangrycanary, May 4, 2014.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. zdrav

zdrav Member

Lin averaged something like 14.2 points when he started, which is an improvement over last year's average of 13.4. His assists were slightly up too, I think.

So he's making steady progress.

Also, it's funny how very early on, Lin was seen as an intelligent but rather unathletic player ("deceptively quick"). Yet now, the dominant view here seems to be that he's this out-of-control Tasmanian devil with a peabrain.

3. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

Lin can play with Harden, as shown last year. Not sure why people say that they can't play together. it's just that the bench does not have a pg that runs the team. How quickly people forget the first season Harden and Lin had together.

4. downbytheriver

Correct but also... Those 2 still played very well while in Houston. Comparison is slap in face Lin is using a 2 week span in NY and fervent Asian fan base to stay relevant. Have som respect

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I suspect he would be better in a different system (if we have a system); he just doesn't seem to click on this team, but occasionally. He is such a wonderful person, but I also hope he finds great success else where.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Hahahahahaha.

jordangif.

I'm not even going to make fun of you any more. I honestly think you need professional help and I hope you get it.

Wow

7. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin was playing better than Lowry before Rudy got traded. Let that sink in.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Well unlike that situation, Harden is NOT leaving the Rockets. Lin's the one that will need to leave.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Do you honestly believe lin is on par with Lowry? It's not even close man.

10. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

One word NOT!!!

11. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Lin will be Lin.
    He will not be another Dragic/Lowry.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I doubtt it. When dragic took over for lowry, he was 18-8-4 with 48%fg 39% 3s . Lin started with harden and didn't do anything close to that. lin had a 20 game stretch in ny and turned it into 25m. Those other 2 worked for their money.

13. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

nice observation! you make a lot of sense

14. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

This not the case when Lin plays and Harden sits. His stats inthose games are close to what Lowry put up this year.

15. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lin's D is underrated.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D0zfwuGyKHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. downbytheriver

Yup. You're a guy who's watched basketball for decades. Who knows his stuff when scouting players and trends. Nice to find fellas like that on here, adds to the credibility of the place

17. Franchize

Franchize Member

If he goes to the Spurs and learns from Tony Parker, he will be a competent player.

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin is a fringe top 15 PG. I'd have him somewhere 18-19 based on last time i checked, I really enjoy Lin's style of play when he's aggressive and trying to score, but he has massive holes in his game, he's got a incredible first step but his handles are still suspect, he is slow laterally and for whatever reason he just has sucked at meshing with Harden this season.

Admittedly, he looked VERY good before his back spasms and who knows how much of an effect it had on him during the course of the season, but he's got a ways to go. In the right system, he can be very effective, but you can say that about many players.

Do I think he could put up numbers on an eastern conf team and maybe scrape into the playoffs? perhaps. but that team isn't going anywhere near a chip and at the end of the day thats what it's all about.

19. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

This Rockets system is not suited for Lin and has forced Lin to go away from his strengths, namely creating for himself and his teammates through Pick n Rolls and screens.

Underlying Lin's attempts to reinvent himself as an off-the-ball spot-up shooter is a very good PG with elite level speed and passing abilities.

If traded to the right system that emphasises his strengths, Lin could very well turn into the mother of all Rockets killers.

20. sutton

sutton Member

Lin won't have the stats anywhere close to what Dragic and Lowery put up this season if he stays, pretty sure about that. If he goes to another team, it is possible.