1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will League Pass show tonight's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by feishen, Jan 21, 2003.

1. JamesPosey55

JamesPosey55 Member

Damn. THE LEAUGE PASS PREVIEW CHANNEL SUCKS!

2. GranvilleWaders

I am in Nashville, TN... WINDANDSEA...If you want to know I can tell you what to do to get rid of your cable and get Satellite...it just is plain better..let me know!

3. GranvilleWaders

WOW...Nachbar is IN!!

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

If anyone really wants to listen to the game they can subscibe the audio league pass on nba.com. They give you a 14-day free trial.

5. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

It requires REal Audio, which sux, but if that's the only way it's worth the suckiness. Chat is down?, or overloaded?

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Granville, I can't even get into Chat... we are being ****ed by the NBA... the greedy ba$tards. I won't pay for League Pass next season. I'll suffer, but I'm not going to go through this again.

Someone remind me that I said that in the Fall. :(

7. SteveFranchise3

What is the point of the league pass preview channel? It is like a 2 minute recap of the previous night's games.

8. GranvilleWaders

Let's all say together...SATELLITE!

9. DCkid

Satellite's are out of the question for many people who live in apartments. Digital cable has worked just fine up until this point.

10. jh811

jh811 Member

nice to see alot of rox fans in LA..........i'm in irvine and usually watch em by myself at home and screaming profanities at the TV when the rox are on digital cable......i would love to get together to watch games in LA at a sportsbar.....

hate tha lakers!!!!

11. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

how often it got zapped? and are you guarantee to fix it if it did?

12. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Uhhhhh guys.

Just so you know...swear to god true story. Time Warner offered me a 99 dollar credit tonight.

The way to go about it is not that you payed 160 for 80 Rocket games, but that you payed 160 for allllllllllllll the games, not counting local team black outs.

After making this point several times, and giving them the uncomfortable silence in waiting for a response, they finally told me that Id be seeing a 99 dollar credit.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I was promised a similar credit last year. However, month after month went by with no credit to my account. I later found out that InDemand under no circumstances allows any refunds of any sort, and so TimeWarner could not honor the promise of the credit. Of course I raised hell with the higher-up's at TimeWarner afterwards and they agreed to give me a couple months free cable as a peace offering. But it took several months and they would not give a credit for League Pass specifically. Good Luck 'Shake.

14. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

obviously by now some of you know that the rockets/mavs game was not televised some areas of texas. i live in austin and i have the NBA package. the rockets game was not shown and i had it out with time warner cable. all the help they could offer was that, and i paraphrase " sometimes games in Texas are blacked out" . all the spurs games are blocked out in austin, but austin is very close to the spurs market area. i have no idea why the game was not shown here, but on the bright side....at least for tonight, i think it saved me a few hours of screaming at the television.

15. MadMonk

MadMonk Member

Dream Shake.

I am not sure how you were able to get that settlement figure from Time Warner since they told me that they did not promise anything with the League Pass except that "UP TO 40 OUT OF REGION GAMES WOULD BE ACCESSIBLE EVERY WEEK." This blanket excuse pretty much covers all the possible complaints regarding scheduling they would encounter.

16. JJ

JJ Member

After emailing the League Pass account, I got a response from the bastards...

Here it is:

Please note that NBA TV is a national television network that is airing NBA
    games. To date, only DIRECTV and Echostar have agreed to carry NBA TV. We
    are continuing to negotiate with the cable companies for carriage of NBA TV
    and hope to conclude agreements for such carriage. Thank you for your
    correspondence and for your interest in the NBA.

I guess this is the statement the NBA is issueing. It still does not explain how I got the NBA TV Channel for the past 2 years on Digital Cable.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Direct has the technology to send a signal thru the system that will detect and zap those "special" cards..they do it periodically..I used to have Direct...

It may work for a while, but they will getcha in the end....dont bother, it isnt worth it.

For you guys that didnt get to see it....you didnt miss anything but heartache and stress.....be glad you didnt get to see that debacle..:(

18. DCkid

Can you show me where you sent your email? Thanks.

The thing is, I still am getting NBA TV on digital cable. When I go to the channel it actually says in big, bold, black letters <b>NBA TV</b>. But now, instead of showing classic NBA games, etc., it just shows NBA League Pass promotions over and over. I don't know when it started, and I don't know if it's just temporary. However, I'm pretty sure that this is false advertising. NBA TV is advertised as being part of my cable plan, yet NBATV really isn't being shown. Also, NBA TV changed to the NBA League Pass Preview channel without notifying me. You may not be able to complain about League Pass because of their "40 out-of-market-games-per-week" statement, but I think there is still a valid complaint about NBA TV.

The things that's so stupid about it, is that the reason they were showing games on NBA TV is so that more people could see the games! People who didn't subscribe to league pass would be able to see the games. Now, even half of the people who do subscribe to league pass can't even see the game. In my opinion, the whole purpose of showing games on NBATV has failed, so in the future if they can't get anything resloved, they should just show all remaining NBA TV games on the regular League Pass channels. That's the simple solution. I mean the only people who really benefift from the NBA TV games are DirectTV customers who don't subscribe to League Pass.

Sorry, I had to vent. I think I'll send another email to the NBA.

19. DCkid

I just sent a long email message to my digital cable provider explaining the situation. Basically telling them if they don't rectify the situation I will be switching to DirecTV, where I can get every NBA game. I also said they were negligent or dishonest by not notifying me the the NBA TV feed was being replaced with NBA League Pass commercials, because had I know that earlier I would have switched to DirecTV.

If I get anything out of it, I'll let y'all know. I'll also post the email.

By the way, I was just wondering if the satellite customers watched last night's game on the NBA TV channel, or was it on one of the regular NBA League Pass channels? Thanks in advance.