1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will League Pass show tonight's game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by feishen, Jan 21, 2003.

1. feishen

feishen Member

What's the differnce? Is the NBA TV the recap show? I am getting League Pass, but it says it is NBATV on the recap channel.

2. ShanghaiShark

ShanghaiShark Member

where is the bar? me in LA too

3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I go to Q's in Pasadena... Great happy hour... $3 drink specials and all the appetizers are half off!!! The peeps there all know that I need to watch my Rockets. hehehe.. we should go next time. fun time..

I work in downtown but i dont know of a good sportsbar here with NBA league pass..

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The NBA reintroduced the network NBA TV a couple of weeks ago. As a result, I don't know if it's an In Demand thing or a local cable operator thing, but digital cable subscribers no longer receive NBA TV. For those in Austin, try channel 910. What do you see? Nothing.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

You a Mavs fan? Watch anyway...I don't think we'll win by that much. :)

6. VDM

VDM Contributing Member

Sounds like I should start charging admission to the LA group at my house in Santa Clarita. Although it seems like we are all getting left in the cold tonight. I sent an e-mail to the NBA, but who knows if I'll hear anything back. Does anyone know how to contact Tim or anyone else with the Rockets broadcast group directly?

7. feishen

feishen Member

Maybe we should organize a viewing party for fans in LA. I live in downtown but go to work in thousand oaks, hehehe. Everybody at work calls me a moron by doing that.

8. GranvilleWaders

I am going to be pi$$ed if I can't watch this game.. It better be on tonight..or NBA League Pass ..will be getting a call from me!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WTF???????

Time-Warner is NOT showing the game in Austin, DaDakota and anyone else wondering. I just got off the phone with about the 3rd or 4th chump up the food-chain and he said they aren't showing it.

He's giving me a $1.70 refund. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    That's the cost of one of the 82 Rockets games to me. I suggest anyone else affected demand at least that. Maybe if enough people raise hell they'll at least act like they care. And to think I spend easily over $140.00 a month on digital cable and RoadRunner.

****ing a$$holes. I'm looking for alternatives... they don't deserve my money.

10. feishen

feishen Member

I think it's only local thing for your area. I subscribe to AT&T digital cable, and league pass on indemand. There was this preview thing last two weeks, but I could get all the matches from indemand as usual. Tonight's game though, I think it is just simply not schedule on any channel whether you have indemand or Direct/Dish

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Deckard,

I hear you man, I called too. However, all they can do is look on the TV, they have zero ability to change it.

Check the schedule I showed above...channel 430 shows the game on tonight...so I am hopeful though think we are getting screwed.

DD

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sorry, I left out the NBA... they're ****ing a$$hoes, too.

I'm sick of feeling like I'm being "raped" for my money.
    Bugger all of them.

13. Smokey

I'll be shocked if the game is on 430 tonight. 430 is Fox Sports Southwest.

14. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Maybe I am miss understanding everything. Let's get down to the basics. I have DirecTV. I have the NBA.com TV channel which automatically comes with the NBA League Pass subscrition. I live in North Carolina. There have been many games recently that they haven't showed in the Subscription (the 721-730) channels. But they usually show one game every 2 nights on NBA.com TV which is channel 720. The game tonight is on NBA.com TV channel. What makes everyone think it won't come on channel 720 at 8:30PM EST?

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

Sounds great!!! Any time, anywhere, any place... = ) i wanted to watch tonights game really bad too tonight..

16. Smokey

I'd call Time Warner but I don't think its worth the hassle for $1.70.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

FSSW is showing it. No local channels...except for houston on Ch.51.
    Dallas...only can watch it on NBATV, FSSW, and RSNW (whatever the hell that is)

WHAT IS RSNW?!

18. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Channel 402-NBATV on Dish Network (San Antonio area), also listed on FOXSW (but Blacked Out). I have not signed up for Leauge Pass.

19. jackfan

jackfan Contributing Member

Here is the schedule for the NBA TV channel:

http://www.nba.com/video/nbacom_tv.html

You only get the NBA TV channel with League Pass if you have DirectTV/Dish. If you have digital cable, you don't get this channel.

Games shown in NBA TV will NOT be shown in League Pass.

20. feishen

feishen Member

That Q place sounds cool. The only thing is most of Rox workday games are 5 or 5:30 pm here in LA. I think I might've already suffocated on I-10E before I can get there.