1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will KJ McDaniels ever crack the rotation here in Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Jan 11, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS!

It must be politics trade or intangibles issues.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what im hoping is brewer is only playing for trade reasons. he gets limited minutes so need to make them count. kj splitting time with brew would kill any trade value he has. once the trading crap is over. kj gets eased into the rotation. he has half the season to observe and study the team now so it should be a fast transition. but im not too sure about this. only thing brew has on kj is experience. everything else kj is just as good or better, with time.

its also a morey-thing to do to ake full advantage of his cheap contract esp in today's cba. a decent role player for 3m per. just hurry up and trade brewer already sheeeeet

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. We all know KJ has ridiculous potential, and his play at the start of the season (preseason games) has been amazing. For him to suddenly be glued at the bench shows there's something behind the scenes us fans aren't seeing.

mario_v likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i like this post but somehow would rather not part with the brew...he kinda become an icon to me... i just like hes on this team and somehow believe we can do anything as long as he s on the team...and i like watching him play...its very exciting, has unique body form and movement and does unexpected things...just watching him walking around is kinda fun to me

Tha_Dude, ramotadab and HTX Ninja like this.
  5. mario_v

mario_v Member

No. tony Allen is 35 years old. He's no longer a good defender.

He has no shooting range whatsoever.

KJ is arguably the most athletic guy on the team. Is great in transition, super athletic, plays above the rim and finishes strong.

Don't know where you got low IQ from. Sounds like your just making assumptions from his appearance. Is he too urban for you?

He has good handles, better than Brewer, dekker and ariza.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

woah has handles are terrible that's why they doubled harden in preseason off the inbound because kj had trouble dribbling down the court

Astrodome likes this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Umm, Tony Allen is still a great defender.

8. mario_v

mario_v Member

Just because he plays hard and he hustles doesn't make him a good at defense.

I suggest watching more grizzlies games and just stop going by his reputation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Free some of the birds already!

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Look at his defensive stats. Look what he did to Harden the other night. He is a good defender.

RocketsTerps and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

He has the highest DRPM of all of the shooting guards in the league.

RocketsTerps and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Just like @TMac'n said though, you need a hyper ventilation bag every time Brewer checks in. I've personally found this bag to be very helpful after the recommendation from Tmac'n, and in fact I can stay coherent now when Brewer is in the game which is a plus. I wish Brewer would check in more regularly, I just smoke more and drink more and use the special bag in case I feel like I might pass out.

Mathloom, hakeem94 and TMac'n like this.
  13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Thabo?
    E'Twan Moore?

Would much rather hear some Free some of the Suns though :)

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If the Birds are in Atlanta, I don't know when or if that will happen. They've won some games lately.

Pelicans? They might want to see if they can push for that #8 seed before they blow it up.

The Phoenix Suns? THAT, I can see.

The other teams you have previously mentioned as pending implosions----Sacramento, Denver, Detroit, Some Other Team---well, it so strongly depends on who we're talking about. Too much time until the trade deadline, too much time.

Found your post from a week or so back.

Ah, yes, always watching these teams.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Pretty sure Cod is talking about Milsap.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is Baze available, with Rox interest? Is TS healthy?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KJ is still better than Brewer, but for whatever reason, Brewer just seems to have blackmail on every coach in the league.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I know two GMs whose calendars do not necessarily check deadline date, even if they are not destined for a '16/'17 deal.

19. malakas

malakas Member

Thabo is healthy and Bazemore has started playing much better and hitting shots. He burned the Bucks yesterday.

Cod has said a big man from a "Bird" team that has his team stab him in the back. That is Milsap.

20. malakas

malakas Member

The Pistons owner just came out and said he trusts SVG. So I dont think the Pistons will implode any time soon.
    Sell Reggie if they can? Maybe yes but not have a firesale.