1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will James Harden win the scoring title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 2, 2012.

?

Will James Harden win the scoring title?

1. YES SIR! KEVIN WHO?!

159 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. NO WAY!

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. T-MAC is so sick!

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

2. Mysteryhunt

Mysteryhunt Member

to be fair to TMAC it is a well documented fact that heart is generally stored in the beard.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

you're a rocket?

4. Sean88888

Sean88888 Member

T-MAC IS SO SICK

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Is it the fact that Rockets have not made the playoffs since 08-09 that people seem to be drunk with giddiness and start terrible threads like this? I loved the trade and have always liked harden (besides is flopping) but some of you people are delusional. There is no middle with Cluthfans. It's either b**** about how much we suck, or NOTHING CAN STOP US! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden plays on a team with a good point guard (Lin) who gets him the ball, and with a bunch of scrubs. He better win the scoring title - no other player is going to get the ball as much in their hands.

Durant has to share it with Westbrooke, so yeah, I think Harden has it in the bag.

7. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

You lost all credibility right here. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Big surprise. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

welcome to clutchfans! everything here is black or white. there is no gray area!

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Harden is on pace to have the third highest scoring average in NBA history and be only the second guy to average over 40 points a game (Wilt has the highest two seasons). Harden is a full 4 ppg beyond Jordan's best. He only has to keep this up for 80 more games.

10. CKent

CKent Member

The bitterness is strong in this post.

11. javguy

javguy Member

I believe! Prediction: 33 ppg!!

12. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

It's an exciting debut for us, but stop these posts! You're going to jinx the guy.

13. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I would say...35 pts!!! :cool:

14. J-Red

J-Red Member

He won't light every team up like he has the past 2 games. I don't think he'll win the scoring title because you still have guys like Kobe, KD, Melo, and Lebron who just will their way to big games. But after those 4 he could be there, and maybe even ahead of one or two of them. He WILL have average nights and nights where he's just not feeling it, and hopefully Parsons starts felling it within the offense more and Harden doesn't have to put up such amazing numbers every night for us to stay competitive. I think he has a real chance to be in the top 5 in scoring and if he does that then he's a shoe in for Most Improved Player, even though it not him improving but rather him being let loose to play his game. If the Lakers and Heat use their deep teams to balance out the scoring then Harden can beat both of their top guys in scoring, But KD needs to score more now because Harden isn't their to pick up the slack for when Westbrook has one of his reckless shooting nights, which happens more often than not.

Scoring title? doubtful, but would be awesome
    Top 3? maybe, but that's a lot of pressure on him every night
    Top 5? Possible with us being a play-off team
    Top 10? shoe in

15. J-Red

J-Red Member

I think the fans who take these questions seriously, like me, have to believe in a middle ground. But I get what you're saying though. Most posts have you thinking we were the worst team ever to now us being the best team ever. It does get a little ridiculous reading these sometimes, because since its text on a screen I can't tell if some of these people are being sarcastic or just down right crazy LOL

16. J-Red

J-Red Member

What?!?! Is this real life? Asik getting 19 RBS is being a scrub? Delfino hitting 4 3's in a row and 5 for the game in his first real Rockets game is a scrub? Morris going off from the bench last night and making almost everyone on this board eat crow is a scrub? Cool story bro.

And Durant has to share the ball with Westbrook because he's a ball-hogging PG who takes dumb shots, not because he's a great player? Westbrook is very athletic and one of the fastest guys in the league, but he's not a pure basketball player like I believe Harden is. When Westbrook gets older and isn't as fast or as strong, he'll just be another PG that could have been great but didn't live up to the hype. Harden can pass and create and can do it all at variable paces so he'll have the better career, but he's not playing with scrubs, he's playing with a very young core learning on the fly and will surprise a bunch of people this year.

1 person likes this.
  17. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

18. SeabrookMiglla

i hope harden can keep it up, but i think he will come back down to earth soon.
    regardless he has displayed enormous talent in the past couple of games. i enjoy all this hype about the rockets, its about time h-town gets the respect it deserves.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How can he win the scoring title without a mid-range game and being unable to shoot off the dribble? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  20. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

Will he win the scoring title? Who knows? Can he win it? Absolutely. It is not like he came out of nowhere. His stats while playing without Durant and Westbrook on the floor in OKC suggest he is capable of superstar-level output. And he is far more efficient than guys like Kobe and Melo without a lot of other scoring options on the team. If I were a betting man, I would put money on Harden if I were getting good odds.