1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will it be one of the greatest comebacks if the Texans win it all?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by sugrlndkid, Dec 30, 2012.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

On December 17, 2012 Poster Bobblehead posted "will it be an EPIC fail if the Texans lose the #1 seed" and like clock work his post reared its ugly head and proved to be true

In an effort to reverse this teams poor fortune, the Texans knowing their history and the city's moments for epic failure will do the unthinkable and win the Superbowl...;)

Need something to cheer me up...:)

#endofhoustonsportscurse

Round 1: Beats Cincy on the legs of Shane Graham: W31-28
    Round 2: Beats Tom Brady in NE in arguably the best game of Matt Schaub's career(adds a 15 yard scramble for a key first down in the 4Q) W41-38
    Round 3: Manning loses to Luck and the Colts in the 2nd round setting up an Epic 3rd game rematch against the Colts. Texans win on the first play in OT: W27-20

Superbowl Sunday: The Texans play their first complete game on offense and defense in a laugher against the Niners(Alex Smith is the starting QB in this game bc Kapernick is knocked out during the NFC championship game): W27-13

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Big shock that's for sure the way we've played the last month

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

lol we arent beating the patriots in boston, shoot can we even beat the bengals?

4. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

We're all hoping to be dead wrong.

5. conquistador#11

right now can we even beat the titans? but next week? that's why they play the games.

6. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

what the hell have you been watching since the bye week, they will get beat by anyone with a decent defense and qb, one and done. Cincy is playing legit ball and they have a.better defense, qb and head coach.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

that will never, ever, ever happen

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

They have a chance of beating the Bengals, but after that, it's over for this team.

9. sergio

sergio Member

We only need two wins to make it a successful season. I would consider a loss in the afc championship as growing pains. It would still make me proud of my texans

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Not sure about growing pains. Texans aren't really that young anymore, except on defense.

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

Matt Schaub? Scramble for over one positive yard? 15 yards?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

12. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

mmmmmm everything was possible...but that Shaub scramble was a deal breaker......that would and can't ever happen.....

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lol...i love this board... and i actually smiled at responses i got on schaub running for a 15 yd scamper...Always good to dream...something to get the bitter taste on this epic choke job we have had...

14. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

Where was clutch city born? from a CHOKE like this one! anything is possible. we're gonna need some voodoo to make it to New Orleans.

I would rather be a Texans fan than a Giants fan right now--or a cowboys fan!:p

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

2007 New York Giants.

Went 4-4 to finish the year after opening 6-2.

Of those 4 final losses, each and every one of them was at home.

2 of them came in the final 3 weeks of the season in primetime.

1 of which was against a crappy division opponent, with a playoff berth on the line.

They went on to win the Superbowl with baby Eli Manning, who, to that point, had played like hot dog s**t.

So, if you're telling me we're screwed before the coin is flipped, I'm telling you to go stuff it.

16. 713

713 Member

Giants were going into the playoffs with Confidence and Momentum almost beating the undefeated patriots. This Texans team don't have horse crap.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

lol. confidence and momentum after losing 2 of 3 on national television and having their starting TE get knocked out for the year. sure bro.

18. 713

713 Member

You understand that year the patriots were heads and shoulders above the league right?

The Giants were the only to few teams that played New England well in the Regular Season thus giving them Confidence in the superbowl.

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Whatever makes you feel better.

Isn't it past your bedtime?

20. 713

713 Member

Nope. Don't have to work behind the burger counter unlike you tomorrow.