1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

will harden make the 12 man roster for the 2016 olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmorey, Jan 20, 2016.

?

will harden make the 12 man 2016 olympic roster

Poll closed Jan 30, 2016.
  1. hell yeah

71.7%
  2. hell no

28.3%
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i am sure adidas will use their "influence" to make sure he makes it

2. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

He will make it. I'm going to say 90% chance yes. Harden definitely plays better for Team USA than for the rockets. Less pressure but also because he doesn't seem like the type that wanted the leadership role. On team USA with Lebron as leader, Harden and Cousins will have to be on best behavior, that seemed to work in the past.

3. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I really hope he does, we need last years Harden, not this years, maybe he will play defense every other year if he continues to compete internationally.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He should make it. I want Harden to contaminate the whole roster

5. ibm

ibm Member

i hope he does. pop is the coach, eh? gonna be interesting to see how he uses harden and how harden will do under different coaching.

6. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

It's not a matter of will he make the team. I think Harden NEEDS to make the team. He needs to get around the Team USA's roster and coaching staff (Coach K/Thibs) to get his mind right. He led the 2014 FIBA team, and then came in that season and had an MVP level season.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Pop gonna deliberately encourage Harden's bad habits. He going to tell him to save energy on D, not play much D, hold the ball for long, ISo etc.

Pop knows he can win even with Harden ****ting the bed. Why teach him good stuff when we are division rivals? It will only be to SAS detriment if Harden improves and learns good habits. Pop is a smart one.

8. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I think for our sake, it will be good for him to be around his peers and a great coaching staff.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Hope it's the other way around. He was so much better after the last USA competition.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

good point, he can finally eat with his teamattes. this season he cant eat with anyone since they're below him, even dwight

11. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

PG: Chris Paul, Westbrook
    SG: Steph Curry, Kyrie, Klay
    SF: Melo, Durant, Kawhi
    PF: Lebron, Draymond
    C: Anthony Davis, Drummond or Aldridge

Ya not so sure he's a 'lock' like everyone thinks.. I can easily see the guards being CP3, Westbrook, Curry, Kyrie, and Klay, and I even left off Butler.. the fowards being Lebron, Melo, Durant, Kawhi, and Draymond, and they are always take 3 'big men' so Davis, Drummond, Aldridge are in the mix there..

Yup maybe Harden doesn't even make the team, especially with his play this season. SUCKS FOR HIM.. just means more time with Khloe or the strip club.

12. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I hope he doesn't. Maybe it will give him a dose of reality and he'll get his head out his beard