1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. the shark

the shark Member

Since you didn't answer the question on how many NFL & college teams are paying you for your wisdom as a talent evaluator we should assume the answer is ZERO.

You just like to play one on Clutchfans. As for catching a whale why don't you sell your service to some of the local flag football leagues, or better yet, just stick to being a fantasy nerd who thinks he knows more then he does.

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's wierd that you think I need to be a pro to have an opinion. Thankfully, nobody else feels that way or wed still be waiting on the first post in the GARM 15 years after it was created. But, I assume you'll apply your own wierd rule to yourself and never post again, right? I mean, unless you want to post your own credentials?

Though it is kind of cute to have my own little personal stalker. That is the kind of thing usually reserved for people who are legit "big time" posters. Maybe you are proof that I've "made it"?

#742 Ottomaton, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

@ottomaton, @theshark, this thread is about fuller not you two jackasses

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My recollection was that Otto had originally mentioned Fuller not being explosive in the "shifty" sense. As in, he's fast as ****, but isnt as good at changing direction...which isnt that inaccurate. Braxton, on the other hand, has that part covered.

The Texans essentially took two explosive guys...one with straight line speed...and the other with juke ability.

Nothing wrong with either dude...as each team needs that versatility amongst its skill positions.

6. the shark

the shark Member

Yes it is about Fuller. I wonder if any NFL D coordinator would say Fuller isn't explosive?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still waiting to see this from Braxton, though. I didn't catch all of the preseason so maybe he had some nice examples then, but from what I've seen the first two games he isn't making any NFL guys miss.

8. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I apologize to posters in this thread. Stalker to ignore list, won't weight this thread down anymore.

Again, sorry for the faux pas.

2 people like this.
  9. rezdawg

Yeah, I think it'll come. He hasnt really been that involved in the offense...and the routes that he has run havent lended themselves to much RAC opportunity. I'd like to do some screens or slants with him...give him a little space to make something happen. I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg for this offense and we are just keeping a lot of stuff hidden for the time being. No reason to expose our entire hand yet.

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Are you saying Fuller doesn't have an explosive change of direction?
    And how many receivers in the NFL that does have an explosive change of direction?

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I like how there are fights about rookies who perform far beyond expectations and guys who are dismal failures like XSF and louis nix.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I don't think we are using Miller right. They way that they are using him will get the man killed.

13. rezdawg

He doesnt...he's not a shifty player. And there is nothing wrong with that. Fuller doesnt have to encompass all the best attributes from Rice, Moss, Largent, Hopkins, etc...

He's a game changing player with his speed...he runs solid routes...and he'll be a very productive NFL WR. But, he's not the type of player that jukes left and right, and makes people miss all over the place. And that's okay bc nobody should have that expectation (and you also dont have to have that attribute to be considered a great player).

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Will Fuller don't need to juke left or right. Wull Fuller's ridiculous speed is actually a juke move itself. :grin:

15. rezdawg

I totally agree...that's why I dont quite understand the sensitivity level in regards to Fuller. He's an awesome player and perfect for this team. Randy Moss wasnt shifty either...he did okay.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He showed great shifty-ness on that screen play last week in which resulted in a touchdown. He also showed shifty movement in Notre Dame. I'm just saying he has enough shifty movements to get the job done.

And my main point is there is not a lot of receivers with that type of explosiveness. Normally it's the running backs with shifty explosiveness like that anyways.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Huh why do you guys quickly go to the sensitivity talk. Nothing in my comment shows sensitivity. Bwhahaha

18. rezdawg

Not really talking about you in regards to sensitivity...just giving a general perception of how I see people defend him.

And on that screen pass, it was more straight line speed than him being shifty. The route was cleared for him perfectly where he just used his speed to get through to the endzone.

19. the shark

the shark Member

It's one thing for you to have an opinion (this is a fan board where people give their opinions and have every right to do so). However here you are going off on Nick acting like you're some talent guru evaluator.

So watching games/combine on TV (NOT GAME TAPE) makes you an evaluator and thus you've "legitimately earned it"?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:::eek:

Earned what?

Your very first post on Fuller you said he's "not explosive at all".

When Lance Zierlein sent a tweet out (post #244) saying that "Fuller had 26 TD's in the last two years. Don't you want big plays" and "over 27% of Fuller's catches went for 25+yds in 2015" you had this to say in post #245 to try and call out LZ, "this should be obvious to anybody who watched tape vs reading numbers from someone else's draft guide".

Again, YOU ARE NO DRAFT GURU NOR ARE YOU AN NFL TALENT EVALUATOR although you like to think you are. LZ has access to REAL tape unlike you. He has connections from around the NFL, people PAY him for his opinions all of which you can't claim.

You haven't "earned $hit" as an evaluator, but please do keep it up trying to portray yourself that way on Clutchfans.

That said, that's the last I'm going to say to you on this about Fuller as it was never my intent to hijack this thread. However you keep on enlightening us uneducated fans who haven't "earned" our opinions by watching as much TV as you. What a freakin joke!!!

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Please, you made it years ago. You're a BBS OG of the highest order :grin:
    I've always said... 00ers forever.