1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Elton Brand make the all-star team?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Jan 16, 2002.

1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

I think the two behind him are more deserving (Karl because of his status, Rasheed because he's one of the best) are better than he...

...and he's already in seventh place.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Forwards: Kevin Garnett (Min) 769,879; Tim Duncan (SA) 619,877; Chris Webber (Sac) 462,864; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 326,201; Peja Stojakovic (Sac) 246,030; Scottie Pippen (Por) 148,251; Elton Brand (LAC) 130,567; Karl Malone (Uta) 126,707; Rasheed Wallace (Por) 126,152; Rick Fox (LAL) 112,393.

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

Just a little bitter GettinTraded?

3. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Those Laker fans really stuff the damn boxes!! :eek:

4. red

red Contributing Member

what has qiutten done other than play like bantha fodder?

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would like to see Brand in the All-Star Game, but competing against WC forwards is rough. I'd see it in this order:

1. Duncan
    2. Garnett
    3. Nowitzki
    4. Webber
    5. Brand
    6. Wallace (loses points for just being a punk)
    7. Stojakovic
    8. Malone
    99. Fox (Rick Fox?)
    100. Jason Collier
    101. Pippen

6. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

:D so basically valdez is saying pippen should not make the team?

7. NBAddict

NBAddict Member

I like Brand and I think he should be in, but here's the thing about all star games.

It is a popularity contest among teams who can mobilize their fan base. If it was on who was deserving, no way should Carter be leading all the others. There is no way he is the MVP this year.

After the popularity contest it is a political thing with coaches.

But I still think it is a lot of fun.

8. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Rick Fox?

112,393 votes?

What does he do that makes him worthy of an All-Star berth? Stand at the three point line, catch Kobe and Shaq's passes, and put up his ugly "no jump" shot?

I think NBA fans need NBA All-Star redefined for them.

Which also brings up Karla...

9. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I personally think Brand should not be on the team becuz so many forwards are better then he is. They have alot more talent and are having more success with their respective teams. I think Wallace should be starting but o well what can you about it, I voted for him several times. It should be Wallace and Duncan maybe with Garnett, Webber, and Pip coming off the bench. And o yeah Dirk also, hes pretty good.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He doesn't deserve to. They are so many forwards in the west that are better than he is. If he was in the East he would deserve to make it.