1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Dwight get suspended for game 5..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, May 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. malakas

malakas Member

Woj will break it first. Windhorst is only Lebron's stalker.

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Good points. My response would have been what you pointed out--there is a game tomorrow and the league needs to give the team notice if it intends to suspend him. They will leak that there is no further discipline but there isn't much urgency involved if they've already decided not to upgrade it. I don't think they could still be reviewing the video unless they have a severely inefficient review process.

Add to this the fact that the Warriors, including Bogut, have come out publicly saying that it shouldn't be a Flagrant 2. I think the ruling will stand.

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Oh? What did Big Bri say?

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL Good one.

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Even his opinion was absolutely nothing. Basically said you can find examples where a play like this is a Flag 1 or a Flag 2. So yeah, typical SportsCenter reporting.

1 person likes this.
  6. DJ

DJ Member

Will Bogut get punished?

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is what gives me some hope. No one's pulling a hissy fit from the Golden State side, which is in great contrast to what LeBron did after the Harden kick. Hopefully that leads to a better result.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lowe & Russillo

ZL: ... Is Dwight gonna get suspended for game five? Should and will it happen?

RR: No. I get why it should be a two in reference to what it was with Horford. I still think Horford was dragging Dellavedova down. ... The interesting conversation with the Howard elbow is Van Gundy saying he wants every punishment to be the same. That's impossible. As much as Howard was going to elbow him, the Bogut grab plays into it. It wasn't an elbow out of nowhere.

ZL: Bogut is always doing stuff like that. Bogut shoved him blatantly. It should have been a foul on Bogut.

RR: Right. I would look at that and say "There was a reason." What Dwight did was not good but to upgrade it, if he elbowed in the face for no reason on a box out at the FT line, lets throw a two on him. The Horford thing was worse. Not all elbows and incidents are created equal.

ZL: The comparison is Smith on Crowder. The difference is Smith hammered him. Dwight kinda at the very end, it looked bad when it happened, opened up his hand and softened the impact in the way that the refs maybe saw on replay and the view of it today. It should have been a flagrant two. I get your point about Bogut. He's instigating everything.

RR: Watch Bogut underneath the rim. It's unbelievable what that guy does.

ZL: He's the human arm-bar. You have to know though. You have to know who you're playing and control your emotions. You can't do that if you're Dwight. I don't want Dwight suspended game five. I thought he should have been tossed in real time. Dwight was worse than Horford. If I think he should get tossed, I guess I have to think he should be suspended which I'm not comfortable with.

RR: Dwight at times, which he brought upon himself, there's still a part of Dwight where I feel like he's a miserable player. I feel like he's always miserable. That play against Bogut, how do you get yourself in that situation when you're one screw up away? You have to be aware of you're situation.

ZL: You're take on Horford's offense being worse? I've watched it 20 times. He meant to hit Dellavedova but it was also a combo of hitting him and breaking his fall. I'm not sure he meant to hit him in the head. On the flip side, everyone wants to brand Dellavedova as a dirty player. I watch those plays, I honestly don't know. The Korver one, he didn't try to hurt him.

RR: I don't get that one.

ZL: He dove for a loose ball. Dangerous play but instinctual. Horford was pulling him down. I don't know if Dellavedova is dirty. Olynyk could have stopped. He kept pulling. I don't know if he's dirty or the way he's wired. I don't know about Horford or Dellavedova's intent. The flagrant two was a bad call but I don't know. You slow these things down and you trick yourself into thinking this still photo shows me indisputable proof of something and watch in real time, that's a jumble of limbs. Horford worse?

RR: Yeah, I thought he was loading up. Horford realized "What am I doing?" I know that the way it looks where Dwight is clearly turning around hoping to hit Bogut in the face with his elbow & hand, Horford was "I'm going to crumple this guy." Was there 7% more malicious intent with Horford than Dwight? I don't know but it seemed he was trying to deliver a knockout blow to Dellavedova once he was underneath him.

ZL: I might be...I have so much respect for Horford that it may be coloring my interpretation. Al is awesome. Maybe he was being more malicious.

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Classic example of two bozos talking out of their ass.

10. acjeitherocket

this......

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rod Thorn has confirmed Dwight Howard's foul at 8:07 of 3rd quarter last night as a flagrant foul one. <a href="http://t.co/lDJQCWhaQb">pic.twitter.com/lDJQCWhaQb</a></p>&mdash; NBA Official (@NBAOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAOfficial/status/603338878842445824">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard will not be suspended, league announces.</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/603338688941129731">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Spoke to Rod Thorn about decision not to suspend Howard. He felt contact was unnecessary but not excessive. Didn’t meet standard for upgrade</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/603338715285565440">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

12. TimRox

TimRox Member

Whether Dwight is suspended for game 5, he will play in game 7. Period

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard not suspended for Game 5, league announces.</p>&mdash; Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/603338980629839872">May 26, 2015</a></blockquote>

14. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Thank goodness

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

clutchcity lives

16. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Dwight has to play smarter and not put himself in situations like this

17. bratna8

bratna8 Member

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So much for your "very very clear" definition of a flagrant two malakas.

1 person likes this.
  19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The NBA will take its revenge and Dwight will have 2 fouls in 6 minutes...

We need Dwight just to be smarter...

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

dodged a bullet right here