1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Cardale Jones fall to us at #16?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by swyyyguy, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

He is 22

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

A press conference to announce your staying in school. What a waste of time

3. conquistador#11

sources: after deciding to stay in school, cardale will not fall to us at #16 in the 2015 draft.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Why hold a press conference? But yea Ohio State should run the table next season. Loaded.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

Grandstand much, Cardale?

6. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Im calling it now. JT Barrett transfers to Houston with Tom Herman!

7. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

LeBron told him it's more fun this way.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He seems like a nice young man. I hope everything works out well for him. Kiper said he thought he could have gone in the second or third round this year. If he has a terrific year next year, he could be a high first round pick.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I wonder if he got any assurances about starting? And what is Braxton Miller going to do I wonder

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He better hope he doesn't get a major injury. Also, better get that arm and leg insurance.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ok, I guess I dont have to worry about giving my wife to the OP since he wont be a first round pick this year.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The guy most angry about this decision is JT Barrett.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Barrett will be the starter next year.

1 person likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cardale Jones skipping NFL draft, will return to Ohio State.
    --&gt; <a href="http://t.co/OzkfpifC4u">http://t.co/OzkfpifC4u</a> <a href="http://t.co/2xmBZQtsmj">pic.twitter.com/2xmBZQtsmj</a></p>&mdash; CollegeFootball 24/7 (@NFL_CFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_CFB/status/555837843314978816">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jones does not have the standard passing grip on the football, I noticed.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think so too. Barrett is much more polished then Jones even though Jones has a cannon for an arm. But I guess Jones will get his education like he said(even though he tweeted before he didn't see the point of athletes going to class, haha).

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lol that wouldn't surprise me

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Barrett is a better passer & runner, he's more polished and he's 3 years younger (which means he will likely be better next spring while Jones will remain what he is).

As a guy on the radio said, people are too caught up in the moment about Cardale Jones. He's had his 15 mins of fame. Time to move on.

I think he should have declared. Sitting on the bench next season won't help his draft stock.

18. Major

Major Member

I think there's a couple of ways to look at this. On one hand, Barrett might be more talented/skilled/etc all around. On the other, the team played its best with Jones, and we know he can play well on the biggest stage. Barrett is more unknown in that regard. Also, the coach won't be second-guessed for going with Jones and losing a game. If they switch from the guy that beat #11, #1, and #2 in convincing fashion and then lose a game, that will be kind of a mess.

OSU can sweep all the crappy teams with any of them. But they've only proven they can score on the best in the country with Jones. Regardless of how good Barrett is, there might be a tendency to say "why mess with what we know works?"

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically
    What's the point going back?
    What can he learn from His College Coach that he cannot learn for 250k/yr with no classes from a guy whose whole job it is . . is to coach you and at most 2 other guys
    [QB Coaches only have about 3~4 guys at most]

Rocket River

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not after only 3 starts in his career. He did the right thing by going back, he'll have a chance to compete for the starter job and if he gets it, he might actually have a shot at getting picked in the draft if things go well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.