1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will any of these players realize their potential this upcoming season???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Chronz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Mr. Champagne

Mr. Champagne New Member

Gerald Green is gonna have the breakout year out of everyone... I think that J.R. Smith will be solid this year but will not break out much more than last year... Andrew Bynum to me is WAY overhyped (A Career backup @ best), I think the Lakers need to trade him NOW and get the most of what they can for him (Still cant believe they didnt go for that Kidd trade last year, "shakes head")... Marvin Williams has just been on a bad team with no pure point guard and I think his potential is definitely untapped, and this will really be a defining year for him... I havent seen enough of Dorrell to say that he will ever break out, and P.T. is an issue that will show if he belongs as an emerging star... Martell is a great shooter but HAS to learn how to play defense, and I think he will have a better year with more opportunitys for open shots with Greg Oden and LaMarcus Aldridge in the post...

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Yeah first post.I agree with u. :D

3. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

JR has no business on this list, he did his thing last season. For regional reasons, I hope Gerald Green has a 15+ ppg average!!!

4. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

I'd say gerald green and bynum have at least one, maybe 2 years left before they should be expected to produce big-time numbers. they are still really young.

5. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Did you guys watch the playoffs? Atrocious--looked like the worst guy in the whole playoffs, even with a lot better looks than Luther Head got.

Add that and his off he court trama this year, a dissappearing act would not surprise me.

6. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

Were talking about Andrew f***ing Bynum....Come on get it done. Trade his a$$

- Kobe Bryant

7. HakeemTheDream1

Bynum will be a star. He is a legit 7'1" with an amazing vertical and a long wingspan. He also has some good post moves.

8. Chronz

Chronz Member

Many years later, were you correct?

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was right all along about Matt maloney. STAR