1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wikipedia War: Rockets hero dishonored

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Tinman, are you an illegitimate kid of his? ;) Seem a little too defensive

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he got his championship and true Rocket fans will always appreciate him.

Tupac would have made plenty more plantinum albums if he didn't get shot and had so many enemies. That's what made him Tupac.

The 1st championships team had so many personalities and they worked well together.

Muslim Nigerian Center
    New York City PG with charisma and a flat jumper
    A crazy rookie PG who looks like ET
    An explosive SG who was 'Mad'
    The fresh Prince
    Super Mario
    An Amigo
    A raggin Bull!
    A workman and humble PF

A coach who believed the Rockets were a FAMILY.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

if I were, then you would see me in the NBA cause my genes would be superior to anyone else.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

this is the best analogy of Vernon.
    2 great inviduals who extreme talent and personality who had tragic things happen to them.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

6. tinman

Supporting Member

you what else is tragic?

Since Tupac is dead, if he were alive, he could have played VERNON MAXWELL in the Vernon Maxwell movie, it would have been a wonderful movie.

A drama that would leave audiences on their feet!

Tupac would have won an academy award for it.
    Spike Lee would be dissed again for director of the year of course.
    [​IMG]

7. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

i hate this part:

"However, Robinson's difficulties against the Rockets in that series can at least partially be attributed to being doubled and triple teamed throughout the series, while the Spurs opted to play Hakeem straight up."

of this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_(basketball)

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Ha. No one intended to play Hakeem straight-up; they just couldn't get there quick enough before he scored.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Robert Horry was the assasin in that series. That's when the 'legend of big shot bob' began.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

here's another story for you. its true.
    maybe about 3 years ago, i was visiting a friend in DC. we both went to UT. he had a roomate in DC who went to A&M.
    His Aggie friend and I were having a friendly talk about basketball. This guy was a "big" Jordan fan. then he did it...
    He talked about oh the Rockets wouldnt have won it because MJ wasnt there.

How dare he!

then I was sensing that he didnt know diddly about Jordan. So I quized him, i asked him who Jordan's teammates were during the Bull's first championship, the dude couldnt name them all. I asked him if the Bulls beat the Rockets that year, he said yes. I said you are full of ------- . Then I dropped all the MJ Jordan games teammates, coaches. Yes buddy, I told him, Doug Collins was his 1st coach. I told him, how can you be a Jordan fan and not know the basics of the Chicago Bulls?
    he doesnt like me.

Then he finally did it. He insulted Cassell.
    I dropped ALL of the Rockets stats games. I even asked him you know who's leading the league in assists?? Jason Kidd idiot. you know who was second that year? Sam! That year the Bucks made it the Eastern Conference finals but lost cause Big Dogg Robinson is worthless.

On top of that, we were in DC, so that night I wanted to eat out at a DC establishment. We went to a MEXICAN RESTARANT. I told my friend that this dude was the biggest idiot that the planet. We're from freaking Texas, we eat Mexican everyday.

To this day, I hate that dude. I wanted to Vernon Maxwell him so bad, but my Hakeem side balanced me out. I have spammed the living crap out of him with Cassell headlines.

maybe if I were drunk I would have thrown his ass out the window like Barkley.

NEVER INSULT HEROES.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Did you miss the winky guy? I guess so....I know Tinman loves Max...thus the poking fun at him.

Maxwell however, well, he is seriously messed up as a human being.

Nuff said.

DD

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Maxwell was a great guy. he just had horrible choices in his personal life.
    How many of you have been out with a nice girl, and how many of you have been out with a beaatch??

Maxwell went out with beattches!!

13. DaDakota

You do realize that it is all in how you read something, right? If you read my comment with a laugh in your heart, and you know my history about giving Tinman crap about Max, you would have a far different perspective.

I guess you are projecting something onto my posts, ok......maybe you should try reading them with levity instead of frankness.

Changes everthing.

Da"the Dick" Dakota

14. DaDakota

Cause he is a Biyatch !

:D

15. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D

DaDickota

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Crap, they added the 'negative' stories or lies about max. :mad:
    User talk:66.68.20.45
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Welcome!

Hello 66.68.20.45, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Unfortunately, some of your edits have not conformed to Wikipedia's NPOV policy, and have been reverted. There's a great page about the NPOV policy that has tips on how to effectively write about disparate points of view without compromising the NPOV status of the article as a whole. Here are a few other good links for newcomers:

oh well, as long as they dont erase his achievements!

17. compucomp

compucomp Member

Eh, I'm fine with the way the article is now. The legal problems are limited to a blurb at the bottom of the article. You can't erase them, but you have succeeded in making his basketball achievements seem more important by having them more prominently mentioned. Honestly I suggest you drop it before they block you from making changes.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

its better than it was before where it was all negative about Vernon.
    Damn the Vernon haters. they deserve to burn!!

19. shsu33

shsu33 Member

That's crazy! I just did the same thing to some fool in Dallas last week that said the same thing about the Rox! I even told him about how Maxwell used to drive MJ insane and got in his head and that fool didn't believe me. He said Jordan wouldn't have let the Bulls lose. I replied, "Then why did he retire?" Fact is those two banners are never coming down in Toyota Center no matter how many fools think MJ would have won them. I truely believe that the Bulls, even with Jordan, would not have been able to beat those '94 Knicks! If they had beaten the Knicks, they would have been too beaten and bruised to hang with the Rox! This Dallas fool just wouldn't accept that a Houston franchise won titles outright when even our mutual friend, who's from Dallas, by which we met agreed with me. Just like you, I quized him on things but he knew nothing but Bulls & Mavericks stuff (i knew more than he did bout both teams)
    I told him how sorry I'd feel if I lived in a city where they have no Basketball history and had to look to the Bulls for some kind of satifaction to use against Houston. In Dallas they talk about the Chicago Bulls, in Houston we talk about the Houston Rockets!
    Then told him that if Houston had a dick, that you need to get off it! Cause Dallas is our Pu$$y and we already broke that $hit off awhile back! We weren't talkin' bout sports at this point, just about our cities in general. Anyone with any common sence knows Houston is THE city in Texas, Dallas needs to stop worryin bout H-town and needs to worry bout San Antonio/Austin taking their spot as the 2nd city! I explained that as time goes on Austin and SA will merge just as the DFW did but Austin/SA>>>>>>>DFW!! Boy he was pissed after I said that but itz true!

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Since when did Maxwell pay child support? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.