1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Wii U] Super Smash Bros.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FlyerFanatic, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Why can't you just use a regular wii mote? I got The new SSB for my son but am now worri s he won't be able to play it.

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Probably referring to the Fire Emblem characters/Shulk. They look like they could come out of an anime if you didn't know better. Honestly, I tried using Robin for a while given the praise from other people, but I don't like him. His grab sucks and he's too slow for my liking.

Have been trying out Fox over the past few days and am liking a lot, though I still prefer Jigglypuff. Melee characters ftw, I guess.

3. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Not literally an anime character from an anime show. Perhaps anime-style ?

You know what I mean.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You can. Don't worry. Wii U games have adaptations for many different controller settings since there are so many options: gamepad, Wiimote, Wiimote+nunchuck, classic controller, pro controller, and now Gamecube controller.

For fighting games, people who are competitive are just picky about their controller settings. Depending on how serious your son is, he probably wouldn't mind playing on a Wiimote. If not, he can at least play on the gamepad that came with the Wii U.

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I gravitated towards Shulk just because I really loved Xenoblade. Been maining him.

I really like his rangy-melee style. Pity he doesn't actually have a projectile, but you can keep people at arm's length anyway. It's also great using his different Monado arts to tune him to the situation. On the downside though, he does kinda suck at point-blank range, and his down-smash leaves him massively open.

If I'm being objective I'm probably better with Link (heck, he's got my high score in Solo Classic). Better character overall. Dark Pit and Rosalina are pretty great too.

6. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I'm still waiting to be able to pick up a Smash Bros. Bundle with controller/adapter.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone have any luck finding an adapter?

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Anyone been using the amiibos? I got a few for Christmas but thinking about returning them and buying Destiny instead.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not sure if you guys knew this- they're starting to bring in Street Fighter characters. Ryu was the first.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jwr3a5a_XFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

My brother has been over using Ryu ever since he got the DLC. WRoy is really good too, he feels like a mixture of Marth and Ike. Don't get Lucas, Ness is not only very similar but also much better. Haven't used Mewtwo too much but I don't like him much Pikachu is easily the best pokemon in SSB.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I need to start playing this game again. My WiiU is collecting dust.
    New DLC characters announced.
    Cloud(which was announced earlier)
    Corrin(another Fire Emblem character)
    Bayonetta(very surprised by this one)

I'm hoping they eventually release a DLC pack that has all the characters and stages at a good price. I've been wanting to play as Roy for a hot minute

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

^ likewise with getting back to smash. I shelved it for bayonetta and I just haven't gone back.

13. Xerobull

Awesome! Too bad there aren't more SF characters but I'm sure they'll keep pumping out DLC as long as people are buying.

Bayonetta in SS (make sure to watch for Kirby!):

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3Tv3w1V5_Mg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#53 Xerobull, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2496672,00.asp

says DLC is coming to and end soon. I'm guessing they are going to focus on the NX.

15. Xerobull

Wat! A new console already?

Not sure what kind of business decision that is- if the DLC is selling like hotcakes, keep making it.

16. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i would agree. It seems like easy money and they need all the help they can get.