1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why We Suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DwangBoy, Mar 17, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

It started with Thibs then Miami did it like how we do it during LBJ's years.

Morey built this team to be long, versatile, and athletic so the pieces more than less fits the strategy. However, our defensive execution and communication has been elementary this year.

2. valorita

valorita Member

Dwight should never be out of the perimeter. He does not have the foot speed nor does the team have any chance at securing the defensive rebound when he is not in the middle.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When you have a team that shoots so many three's but for the most part are not three point shooters I would say our players don't fit our strategy. Imagine what a team who could actually hit all those three's (Above Average) could do. Like I said in another thread with that type of shooting your defense doesn't have to be that good. I would like it to be but it doesn't have to be. If you put better shooters around Harden we would win more games regardless of being bottom ten in defense. Hopefully we can get to a point where we can be top ten or five in both though.

4. dmoneybangbang

Look up how good our offense has been with our 3 point shooters... You are arguing to be worse on defense and hope that we will out shoot everyone. The Suns and Baron Davis GSW Warriors never won anything significant, despite having one of the greatest shooters and guards in Nash or the Warriors who were the few teams to ever beat a #1 seed with the #8 seed.

I disagree with your premise.

5. houtown

houtown Member

I think this team relies on too much statistics sometimes, to the point they betray the spontaneity of the game, you cannot play fast all the time during the game, and you can't shoot a contested three in preference to an open two, you also can't play fast all the time by waving for your team to get up court as fast as they can as certain coaches do, you got to adapt to the current situation, and understand that sometimes it is better to bring the ball up slow and set up an offensive or defensive possession during the game.

6. alethios

alethios Member

We suck because it's every man for himself out there. I blame the system.