1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we should trade for Butler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by High Vibrationz, Oct 10, 2018.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

The only pieces they are going to trade are EG and or knight and fillers and picks. Capella ain't going anywhere unless it's AD or another superstar

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Butler = medium bum

Morey have interest in Butler but sixer do not have interest in butler 2.

Rockets give 8 first rounder. Market for butler high. Morey want butler.

-BiggBum

BHannes2BHonest, J.R. and Vivi like this.
  3. mockster

mockster Member

Still had multiple clutch game winners with sixers and still would be a defensive juggernaut for us at the 3

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wouid rather wait two years like we did with Melo where we could just waive after 2 months if it doesn’t work out.

The Rockets are not a star diva away from winning a title. They are a couple good defensive and shooting role players away. Butler after his stint with the 76ers proves to be too costly and too much of a risk.

Pass.

mikol13 likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Very good points. I believe Jimmy is slightly better than Paul George at his best, perhaps because he hasn't suffered a major injury. His diva behavior shouldn't lead to a max contract, there will be interest in him obviously. If he shows some maturity, everyone will want him.

Crutch City likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

I said it before, I'll say it again. No way I'm including Tucker in a trade for Butler. Did you guys see PJ's defense on KD a few nights back? PJ is the best defender in the NBA & can guard all 5 positions. He also is a great locker room guy. No way I'm trading him

Zoplicone, jcmoon and crimsonghost like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

I said it before, I'll say it again. No way I'm including Tucker in a trade for Butler. Did you guys see PJ's defense on KD a few nights back? PJ is the best defender in the NBA & can guard all 5 positions. He also is a great locker room guy. No way I'm trading him

bj3175, jcmoon and zcarenow like this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if we're one Butler away from a chip or not, but i don't think we can trust CP3 enough at this point, if he goes down again during the playoffs, or even if he's not able to play at his best for multiple games (like for the start of the season), i'm not sure how we can even have a chance...sure, Harden has been incredible so far, but i don't think it's realistic to expect him to be able to play at this level for the rest of the season and all the playoffs. I guess it's possible one or two good upgrades in terms of role players might be enough, but CP3 isn't going to get younger at this point, i still think we really need a third star.

Smacktle likes this.
  9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Knight + Chriss + 4 first round picks.

Get it done Morey!

Smacktle and zcarenow like this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

With Pauls injury record they are indeed a star away.

Smacktle, saleem and mike2k132 like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

This again. People are silly. Bulter on this teams thats hurting at 3 n need a guy to wear it aint much pressure on james. U people are silly. We need butler. If we had him thats a ship this year

12. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

True, but with Rivers on board now, he can play or relieve Paul's minutes for most of the regular season.

13. jcmoon

Damn straight, tucker gonna retire here, best contract in the nba

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao. Ill say it like i said it before. Trade tuck of it means butler. This decision reminds me of the cp3 pat Beverley people lmao. People was acting like we couldnt live without pat lmao. When o was like are yall nuts. U do know pauls just as much a pit bull as pat but 20 better offensively. Bro jimmy can hold kd too. But 3 tomes better offensively. U do know bulter is a 2 way player. Ur d doesnt drop it impoves while offense greatly improves. How is this even a thing

15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tim Hardaway Jr is a player I want on the Rockets, he can shoot 3s and attack the basket and has some length

16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tim Hardaway Jr is a player I want on the Rockets, he can shoot 3s and attack the basket and has some length

17. bj3175

bj3175 Member

He should be all nba defensive first or second team this year. He acted like he was Joe Dumars playing MJ

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah that actually has nothing to do with the playoffs.

19. jcmoon

butler can't play the small ball five like tucker can. he's not on the table. we need him paired up with jimmy.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Point is he a roll player just like u found green or austin or house u can find another tucker. U cant get a star often