1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why We Love Dikembe Mutombo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weslinder, Mar 26, 2008.

1. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

http://theloveofsports.com/index.php/site/comments/why_we_love_dikembe_mutombo/

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

One more year Deke. You need a championship.

3. theteam

theteam Member

"After one season with New York in 2003-04, Mutombo was told by then-general manager and now head coach of the Knicks Isiah Thomas that the day had come, and that blunt message has driven him for the past four years. 'It's still a wound,' Mutombo said. 'My wife and I still talk about it. It's still a bit sad to see the commissioner coming and all those people coming to celebrate the 17 years of my career and accomplishments and you look back and say that about (four) years ago, I had a guy tell me that I couldn't play basketball no more, to go to the beach and onto vacation. That's the same guy who's losing his job tomorrow. ... I never said nothing (to Thomas),' Mutombo said. 'The last time we played at the Garden (Jan. 9), my wife asked me to go shake his hand, to just forgive him. I went and shook his hand and I told him, 'On behalf of my wife, I want to shake your hand and I forgive you for everything you've done to me.'"

I just read this on ESPN ... pretty crazy.
    link
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-31-94/First-Cup--Wednesday.html

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

great article... pls come back next year.

ps i want to sex mt.mutombo :D

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

How can't you love a fella like Big Deke. This guy is so great

6. azjw

azjw Member

Because he's not part of the everyday-hypocrisy.

7. RedRaiderRocket

Mutombo by far my favorite Rocket, just got my personalized Mutombo jersey. I am going to miss the big fella when he leaves. One more year Deke!!!!!

8. jboslett

jboslett Member

Wow, I didn't know that thing about Isaiah. Has he been right about anything...ever?

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

he is a pretty good evaluator when it comes to drafts...he did pick tracy with the 9th pick.

but he was ready to ship him to philly along with walt williams for weatherspoon and stackhouse though (i believe those were all the ppl involved)

i would want isiah on draft night in the rockets war room helping with picks but after that i wouldnt want him 20000 feet of the toyota center and rocket front offices

10. JonBainAramsey

Motombo is not only one of the best role models in sports, but one of the best role models in people overall

11. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Hahaha. Someone should put a giant sign at Toyota Center that says " who wants to sex Mutombo? " :D

12. rocketsmetalspd

What would be great if Deke were to lead the Rockets to the Finals this year and wins it all. Man that would be a story book ending for the big fella.

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I would love to have Mutombo team up with our Bill and Clyde. Bill is gonna have a heart attack.

14. Milad

Milad Member

Haha, that would be so hilarious! I wouldn't get a word of his commenting but the guy is hot!

15. double uk

double uk Member

please stay...Dede

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Me want cookies!

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is an incredible man.

18. Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters Member

hi....man.....pay attention to the finger.......

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

19. bbinchina

bbinchina Member

his finger is incredible, and his voice is more incredible. Especially when he talked about Yao's injury, he made me thought he was crying

20. colin2008

colin2008 Member

Stay, Deke.