1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why wasn't Dwight at the Aldridge meeting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, Jul 2, 2015.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It too bad he wasn't there. Not only is he the best center Aldridge would have played with in his career, but he went through a similar free agency recruitment process two years ago, being courted by several of the same teams. Harden hasn't gone through this yet. If Dwight said coming to Houston was the best career decision he's ever made it would definitely resonate.

2. malakas

malakas Member

If we get a second meeting i hope howard finds time to come from australia..

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I think many Aussies are proud of Bogut for what he's achieved. But most Aussie NBA fans aren't huge fans of Bogut.
    I think most Aussies would've preferred the Cavs to have won the finals because of Delly and how much of a fighter he was.
    Mills would be my No 1 Aussie NBA player though and I think there would be a near 50% split with Bogut. Although Bogut probably has a higher media profile here.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Didn't even know Howard was here. Can't find anything on the net about it. Anyone know where and for what purpose?
    It's winter here, so I can't imagine he's hanging around Bondi beach looking for some action.

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Actually Dwight wanted to be there but he's in Australia participating in an event. But either way, LMA knows Howard's and Hardens capabilities so the only thing that is important to him is what the Rockets as an organization has to offer him. The rockets been here before so they know what to expect.

I'm sure even though Dwight Howard wasn't there that he can still Skype LMA

6. pippsux

pippsux Member

Why wasn't Joey Dorsey there?
    Yao should have been there too along with Tmac and Stevie franchise....

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

If the Rox really thought they had a chance at LMA they would have gone out of their way to insist that Dwight be there. It's bad PO to leave your other star out of negotiations, but hey, bball players need vacation time also.

By excluding Dwight it says to LMA that, yeah, we want you, but we don't want you badly enough that we're gonna drag Dwight all the way over from Australia.

8. MistaK

MistaK Member

I really don't think it's a big deal that Dwight wasn't at the meeting. For all we know, Aldridge enjoyed the Rockets' presentation. That is all that matters really. Harden from what I hear was at the meeting and who knows maybe Dwight and LMA talked over the phone or maybe they had a video message for him, etc.
    Point is, we really don't know what happened at the meeting.

Aldridge seems to be more interested in the basketball side of things anyways, going by what we have heard. You can bet that the Rockets impressed him in that regard. He didn't seem too impressed that Kobe was at the meeting and wasn't interested in the whole marketing side of things the Lakers provided.

...so just sit tight and enjoy the wait

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

DM should have show LMA the long legacy of Houston pfs. Heck just show him 1. Rudy T!!

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Why wasn't Chuck Nevitt there talking about the Rockets great history with big men?????:confused:

#90 cml750, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The offseason turns some of you guys ****ing weird.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

a little hot and bothered here bud

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

:eek::eek:

lmao this is comedic gold

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

This is irrelevant

15. Rox23

Rox23 Member

When Morey tried to get Dwight, he brought in Hakeem and Yao (from China), and a bunch of other people. Dwight was IMPRESSED and eventually signed with the Rox. Whether in life, or in sport, when you go out of your way for someone, is shows, and it matters. The Mavs recently gave a 4 hour presentation to Deandre Jordon...they brought in Parson, and Dirk, etc. and went out of their way to impress. Evidently they did impress...and Deandre Jordan will probably end up in Dallas. People are human. They are impressed when you make an effort to impress them; if your presentation is half-baked...they notice that too.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Thats wonderful. But reading into Dwight being some bad PO when he probably had this prior engagement in place months ago is irrelevant. You don't know what's going on other than what you read online. Try not to over analyze. At this point you should realize Dallas is pretty desperate. At the time houston was pretty desperate trying to get the 2nd star next to harden.

17. OpenLayup-Why3?

Hate to bump this kinda relevant thread, but seemed better than making a new thread to ask this:
    How sure are we that Dwight will resign? As you know, this is going to be his last year of current contract.
    If I remember correctly, when we were pitching him to come, he was promised that every Rockets play will start by passing him the ball in the post. That we'll run our offense through him. And with time that kinda changed. Obviously there were reasons, such as emergence of other players, Dwight not being 100%. Thoughts?

18. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I think after 3 years of being here, he will come to the conclusion that we (or any team) can not go far into the playoffs with him posting up much. With his bad foul shooting, we are losing points per possession when giving him the ball in the post. If he can improve his Free Throw shooting, he can be that 1B option because people are fouling him everytime because it slows down our rhythm on offense because of his poor FT shooting

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why wouldn't he want to re-sign? The Rockets are realistically his best chance of ever winning a championship and they could potentially pay him more than anyone else.

The question will be if the Rockets still want Dwight.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Should have been its own thread.

Anyway, that he was told the ball would run through him is suspect information in my book. But, I'm not concerned about him wanting to stay. I think he'll want to stay assuming we don't treat him like total crap.