1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why The Rockets Might Not Make The Playoffs (BBALLBREAKDOWN)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IvanLCPM, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Makes me wonder if you watch the games …. They cant rebound , they are a poor defensive team and the shooters …. cant seem to make shots.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  2. THEGLIDEc

THEGLIDEc Member

I think he's right on most points but a few things I disagree with: He seems to put the #1 blame on Capela saying defense is the biggest issue by far and it's because Capela's not as effective. I don't agree. I think he can be better but I don't think he's the #1 reason for the bad start. He also says things like, CP3's short and Gordon's shooting form's not ideal. Those aren't what's contributing to the bad start. Still, solid video, hoping we get a few more wins and turn this thing around. We can shoot for home court and get past the 1st round and who knows

3. farhen

farhen Member

as long as melo still listed on the roster, the curse continues

4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

His first poin is : Melo is the scapegoat. The Rox was a better defensive team with Melo.

And you still want to buy it?

5. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

He was just laying out some numbers about Melo, he never said anything about him being the reason for our struggles. He merely pointed out that we were a slightly better defensive team with him and are much better offensively without him. By the way you formulated your first post on this thread, I doubt you actually watched the whole video...

Anyway, I still think most of this thoughts are accurate.

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

You're a moron. Bball breakdown is usually very good stuff. Pay attention and stop sounding so whiney.

7. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

I've grown to dislike how much of clickbait this guy is especially last year during the playoffs when he made videos on how amazing the rockets are and then the next day say the opposite.

8. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Did Cap put on a lot of muscle weight this off season?

Did not follow off season that closely but wondering why he's not as effective on guards as he was last season. That really was one of the reasons we paid the man.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

11. Mr Chuck Norris

It all change when we played the Warriors.

12. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Almost missed...Still made the playoffs.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I would change the title of the vid to “Why the Rockets Will Not Win a Championship This Year”...still not ready to believe a Harden-led team could actually miss the playoffs

but yeah, I agree with the points that were made

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hes always been a harden hater

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We're not because we've been inconsistent af. One week we'll look close to last year, the next we'll be getting blown out by lottery teams.

Some of our key players are contributing to this. CP3 and Gordon have both been terrible.

The truth is, CP3 needs Harden a lot more than Harden needs CP3, especially since he's already declined so much. Morey really needs to move CP3 if there is a buyer out there. Btw, there are a lot of Westbrook trade rumors (surprising to me too) among Thunder fans. He's been on the decline too.

16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

104-78 is close? That was game 1’s score. Game 2 at 115-106 was closer. But we shot 26 free throws and warriors 27. Then lost game 4 and 5 by a combined 60 points. Add in game 1 and that is an 86 point delta. We won game 3 by 1 point. 1. So total differential was what. 94 points? Yea. Out like a sack of trash. Nothing close about that.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 oh its easier for you to cite the score instead of actually remember what and how really happened on the court?

2 lol it doesnt matter what was the final score and refs can always give back fts in garbage time

3 i think it was game 1 or 2 and refs make rockets know from the start that they are meant to lose the game by officiating terribly in favor of gsw... and rockets reacted by totally giving up .. that was what actually provoked van gundy to admit on the air that officiating was terribly in favor of the home team but that rockets should never react like that and should fight back

4 similar thing happened in game 7 wcf this year... yes it was only 5-10 bad calls in favors of warriors when they were on ropes, but if you think there wouldn't have been more if needed you are very naive

5 basketball is all about momentum, few well placed biased calls can influence game more then double the amount of bad calls that are not momentum killing
    DROPS THE MIC

clutchdabear and bloodwings19 like this.
  18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Fatigue or injury

MDA is trying his best to reduce harden minutes?

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

Paul George never play 41 minutes or more , harden plays 41 mins plus every close games. Why?

20. riko

riko Member

. There is not many buyers for Chris.