1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the hell do we have Sam Dekker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 8, 2015.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Nice to see him contribute but he's got a long way to go.

1 person likes this.
  2. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Maybe to give that buffalo persons a run for his $:p$

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

the GARM freaked out and thought he sucked last year, so of course he's good this year

4. dmoneybangbang

His collegiate career
    [​IMG]

You can see why we wanted him.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Looks good, gives me some hope that he could maybe take minutes from Brewer.

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

ROXTXIA you know better, a good number of trolls here called him a scrub after he mowed his mom's grass. CF doesn't have the characteristics of patience and logic. Rockets draft player "X" and CF demands he be a starter by the end of preseason or cut he's sorry a$$.

Dekker is young, if he can stay healthy he should improve this season enough to show he deserves some minutes.

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry need my coffee to kick in...

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Our Chandler Parsons replacement project, is ready for take off.

9. jdhi

jdhi Member

was at the game, and he looked pretty good

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

2 things i noticed from TV I wonder if they're the same in person....

1 he looks bigger than most 3s. Like not jacked or anything but he seems thicker than say Ariza for sure. Was unafraid of contact finishing, didn't seem phased by it much. He looks a like a strong young man.

2 he seems to have that smooth running quality like Arian Foster. Just glides, it makes him look slow almost, right up until you realize he just outquicked the defense. Not explosive but smooth, smooth running, smooth handles, smooth shot even though it's not falling right now.

Is it like that in person too?

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I saw him play game 1. Scored plenty. But I didn't think he looked all that good.

1 person likes this.
  12. Tadow

Tadow Member

I see the potential and actually thinks he looks more fluid than Parsons when Parsons was in his first and second year. His shot looks better than Parsons at that stage as well.

13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

He moves without the ball. That will be nice for a change.

14. skoo9382

skoo9382 Member

He seemed to be in the right places on offense. As a 2nd year player, but more like a rookie due to limited games, he's on a better progression than Parsons. If he can find his shot again, dekker can contribute this season.

He also needs to step up the defense. I saw a couple of times his defender just blow right by him. So in other words.....he's perfect for this team!

15. mightybosstone

This. The Rockets have so few guys on the roster willing to do this. The guy creates offense just by running around screens and finding open holes in the defense without even having the ball in his hands.

16. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Dekker has looked very solid in both games. His outside will come in time but there's no denying that he is very aggressive and effective when attacking the basket and when making cuts to the hoop. He has been working hard on his game and the weight room and it is showing.

Remember that he is only 22. Parsons was 23-24 when he first came in as a rookie. There are quite a few similarities in their games with their size, confidence, and overall game.

There is no reason he shouldn't be in the rotation this year with Brewer and KJ next to him on the depth chart.

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I see you GET IT...this is why I contend he'll be a fan favorite by winter and all the boo birds will ruffle their feathers somewhere else...or never fess up of course !

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seems like a Cedric Ceballos type

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This guy is utterly worthless. I'd just let him rott and get the **** off the team.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised "The Increasing Gentrification of the Toyota Center Experience" post.