1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the Hate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonN06, Apr 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. HoustonN06

HoustonN06 Member

Why is everyone always hating on Luther Head?

Give me a break- yeah he makes some dumbass wth were you thinking decisions but I don't understand why everyone here loves to direct their bashings at him.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

New Nickname - Luther Hate

3. TiMacManiaa

TiMacManiaa Member

cuz he sucks and hurt us more than help us

as simple as that
    i would hate any player that would result in helping the other team by just being on the court

luther

you suck

4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

he's a regular season player. that's all he is. in pressure situations he disregards team basketball and pretends to be ai however he ends up crossing himself over.

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

He's the "Anti-Horry."

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think Blinebury put it pretty well in one of his recent blogs. He said something to the effect of "If Head is on the opening day roster of this team next season, then management is sending the message that they are satisfied with mediocrity."

It was a harsh statement, even coming from a guy like Blinebury. It's also the truth.

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

HEAD is just USELESS!!!

8. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

He sucked last year and he still sucks now.

04/21/2008
    L.Head 11:44 0-4 0-2 0-0 -3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

April 26, 2007
    Luther Head 24:12 0-5 .000 0-3 .000 0 0 0 3 3 0 1 1 0 3 0

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

im tempted to make a Head sucks joke.

but to say Head Sucks would just be an oxymoron.

seriously speaking, the guy hasnt improved since his rookie year, maybe even regressed.

not good.

10. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

We hate him because...he can't play under pressure, he can't finish at the basket, he can't ball handle, he can't play defense, he can't pass, he's undersized..what is there to like about him besides his NBA Like 2k9 potential where every young player gets better?

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Utah Jazz is just a terrible match up for Luther. On defense, its not much of a change because he is usually overpowered no matter which team he goes up against.

It's at the other end where the Jazz hurt him the most.

1) Jazz have quick and long perimeter defenders in AK47 and Brewer that close out on 3 point shooters. Head usually ends up taking rushed shots because of this even when he is open when receiving a pass.

2) This forces Head to drive most of the time. He has neither the handle nor the strength/talent to finish plays at the rim.

3) That leaves Head to use a pick to free up himself and get a jumpshot. Jazz defenders close quickly on that too.

4) At this point it might have become mental. Don't you think Head knows how he has struggled in playoffs? It doesn't help that he is facing the same team that he struggled against last year. Bottom line is that Head is neither physical nor talented enough to play against the Jazz.

The weird thing is that despite the fact that Head has struggled so badly in playoffs, if the game comes down to one shot, I wouldn't mind him being the guy left open to take that shot. Head is one of those players that despite sucking the entire game, he can stick a dagger in you in the end.

12. YallMean

YallMean Member

I dont hate Luther. Head in the playoff has been a disaster for us so far. I wish I could be that chief chef in the Hell's Kitchen, who can kick out the biggest headache on the team.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Analyze all you want, I get nervous when he starts crossing over. It's like he is trying buy sometime and figure things out with the dribble ...

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Have to agree. WHen it comes to playoffs he just push the button 'off'

15. pli777

pli777 Member

This is funny, you just stated all the answers and yet you still ask the same question in the end.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't hate Luther Head. But it's clear that he doesn't have what it takes to step up in the postseason.

He's like a poor man's Eddie Jones in that regard. That guy used to light it up in the regular season and then would completely disappear come playoff time.

I agree with the Fran Blinebury comment. Management needs to dump the guy and get someone taller and stronger to fill the backup 2-guard role.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

There has to be someone to blame.. and Rafer is hurt. That is why there is a lot of Head bashing.

18. Pringles

Pringles Member

there are more players that deserve the blame on these past two loses. luther's playoff career isn't good, but that's because only players he played was utah. i bet if we advanced last season, luther would have teared up warriors.

who do i hate right now?

scola's free throw shooting. after bill and clyde's rave on how good scola is, i thought he'd step up, but he's worse.

19. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

I like the guy, he can shoot lights out. But as far as the playoffs are concerned he doesn't need to be on the active roster. And I'm sick of having him come in the game and try to handle and make decisions. He's not a PG. He's more like the black JJ Redick. Just come in the game, come off some screens, and pull the trigger. Don't bounce the ball more than once, and don't pass the ball, wait for a teammate to take it out your hands.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think(or at least I hope) that fans are blaming Luther for everything that's gone wrong the last 2 years in the playoffs. Hell, last season Luther WAS the entire Rockets bench. At least offensively since Juwan or Deke weren't capable of scoring.

But to have any shot against Utah sans Yao(and Rafer for Games 1 and 2), the supporting cast had to step up. Of course Scola is to blame as well with the bricked layups and missed free throws. Not to mention constantly leaving Okur wide open on the perimeter.

But don't absolve Head of any guilt. He's been a complete non-factor in 8 of his 9 career playoff games thus far. Yes they've all come against a bigger, tougher Utah squad. But it's worth considering that maybe he just doesn't have what it takes to step it up come the postseason.

I mean, Aaron Brooks looks like a midget out there against Utah's players, but he's been effective so far in these 2 games.