1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why so many Rocketsfans don't love Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by she'sdone, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. she'sdone

she'sdone Member

Just like real_egal said, Yao is far better than Scola in this series, but more than 40% Rocketsfans voted for Scola as the MVP. I really don't understand why so many Rocketsfans don't love their best player? Maybe Yao should leave Houston next season.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Are you serious? Just because they voted Scola as MVP does not mean they do not love Yao. All it means is that Scola performed better for the series and was the most valuable player.

3. kunluncat

kunluncat Member

That is because the fans has so high expectation on him. I think this is also a kind of love.

4. choujie

choujie Member

Actually most of them love Yao. It's just the expectation set on Yao is so much higher than anyone else.

A lot people vote by expectation, Scola is the one who exceeds the expectation by far. I see nothing wrong with that.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

The only way in hell Scoa performed well the Blazers series was because Yao gave him all those open opportunities. Yao > Scola get it right noob.

7. jameshuabao

jameshuabao Member

there are many yao-only-haters here.when yao plays bad,they come out for
    celebrate,just like yao is the worst player in the league.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Really it's just a matter of people not caring for anything but the boxscore stats. For many, if you're not shooting, getting an assist, or getting a rebound, then technically you're not helping the team much.

If Yao had gotten as much attention as Scola did in the series, his stats in the 1st quarter of Game 1 would've carried over the entire series.

9. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

That's almost the same way for McGrady if you think about it.

Most rocket fans love Yao like myself, However, some of you guys need to realize that every player in the league especially their own fans are hard and critical on there team's best player.

There is nothing wrong with voting for Scola as the MVP, they just need some good reasonings and the same thing works for Yao.

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Blame Tracy

11. choujie

choujie Member

Fixed for you.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Clutchfans at his finest, judge a player on how he does one game, then bash him. I love it. ;)

13. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

They probably don't understand that stats aren't everything

Yao so far is averaging less points in the playoffs then Glen Davis so does that mean..... :rolleyes:

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WTF?

Who doesn't like Yao?

I love the guy......I hope he retires as a Rocket.

DD

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

McGrady somehow gets into this thread, I'm actually laughing now!

16. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

This.

17. choujie

choujie Member

Actually we might still win without some of the jumpers Scloa made, but we'd lose if Battier didn't make those critical 3s in game 3 and 4.

18. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

McGrady only fans are the most critical of him and I'm talking about T-Mac only fans like Thegreat not Houston Rocket fans who like Tracy McGrady like Shaud.

They are only mad that Yao Ming has overtaken Tracy as the team's best player and the team's best leader. I have no problem with Yao not being considered the MVP of a series, however I do have a problem with people saying stuff like Yao Ming sucks and is soft and garbage like that.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

Let's get real. I dislike Tracy, but there can't be anyone as stupid as you described.

Who'd get mad for Yao overtaking Tracy as the team's best player? Plus, Yao is far from the team's best leader... hell... Tracy never was the best leader.

Also, when people say he's soft... it's partly right. Just as Tracy, who is also soft.

But yes, Yao is not garbage. People who say that are ignorant.

What Tracy only fans hate are Yao Ming only fans. Both make way too many generalizations, and get offended easily. (Example? See the original post of this thread.)

I love Yao. Great guy and great player.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Scola did perform better in this series. He hit the shots he needed to and hit a LOT of them. Both Scola and Yao were important in this series and if you took either of them out, we would have lost the series. So since both of them are important, we only have stats to go by.

Wow talk about being a condescending piece of turd you world-class douche. Here is to hoping you stay a rookie forever. It is one thing to be given opportunities and quite another to actually take advantage of them. Plenty of people are giving opportunities in life. It is those who seize it that are set apart from others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.