1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Restricting Guns & Magazines in NOT the Answer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Jan 15, 2013.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't advocating banning anything, and also noted that it wouldn't really have an effect on the issue at hand. I just pointed out that the majority of Americans wouldn't be directly affected.

But jump to conclusions all you'd like.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

That wasn't the point he was making, and you know it.

Oh, and I will be willing to have a discussion about banning gays the next time a gay person is used to kill 20 first graders in a matter of minutes.

1 person likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Haha, that made me laugh. +1

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Wrong. His point was that gun owners are the minority. Its just as absurd to ban the rights of gays since they are a minority as it is just as idiotic to tell gun owners to give up their rights since they are a minority. The percentage of gun owners should have absolutely nothing to do with gun laws.

Don't argue for the sake of arguing.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

You built a strawman by bringing up gay people. I responded by illustrating how it isn't the same thing.

I am a gun owner. I also believe that there is no legitimate reason somebody needs to be able to fire 100 rounds without reloading. It is clear from long standing jurisprudence that the right to bear arms is not absolute. You cannot legally own a fully automatic weapon. This is about where to draw the line.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No, you made a leap and jumped to a conclusion in order to try and ignore the point I was making. I mentioned that it didn't have to do with the issue at hand (gun laws). I was agreeing with you that gun owners being a minority now shouldn't have anything to do with the gun laws. I agreed with that in the very first post I made about the subject.

However, you made the unreasonable comparison to gay rights. I'm sorry you missed the point.

I'm also a gun owner, and don't believe guns should be illegal even if it would make everyone safer. But there are restrictions which are completely constitutional.

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Let's make a new thread called "Why Clutch Fans has more Liberals than the Huffington Post website"

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

go for it

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

More proof of 3D printing becoming a reality... they are now printing meat and leather!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57493377-76/3d-printed-meat-its-whats-for-dinner/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zDmkK8brSWk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reddit AMA with the CEO - http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/199f0n/im_andras_forgacs_ceo_of_modern_meadow_a_company/

Watch out, those Star Trek effers are almost here.

10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

I have been closely monitoring 3D printing. Once it gets slightly cheaper and fine tuned a bit more, I'm either building or buying one. Besides we need new magazine manufacturers now considering the shortage this administration has caused.

11. Svpernaut

Mine arrives in May, I can't wait.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why are you 3d printing something you already have; why not a clue or a girlfriend or something.

1 person likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He wants to have a use for the 4 pairs of 3D glasses he has in a drawer.

14. magnetik

quit trolling.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This is a great technology that jumpstarts a second industrial revolution...

Oh yeah, and this...

DIY gun project misfires as 3D printer is seized

Who would have thought it? Printing guns is frowned upon. Even in the US.

Cody Wilson, a law student at the University of Texas at Austin, found this out last week when Stratasys, the company that made the uPrint SE 3D printer he was leasing, got wind of his plans to design a 3D-printable handgun and took back their equipment.

"The company is less than thrilled with what we're doing. They're trying to prevent me from breaking any laws with their product," Wilson told New Scientist. With several friends, he has founded a group called Defense Distributed to promote ideas about universal gun ownership.

(worth reading the rest from the link in the title)

16. Svpernaut

Or how about a car, as strong as steel?

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/02/3d-printed-car/

But hey, I don't have a clue about 3D printing right?

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Levity in this forum is underrated.

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Look on the bright-side. If we banned semi-automatic weapons (which I don't see happening), at least your gun would become more valuable.

19. magnetik

I don't know if I'd trust it with my AR but will probably wait until more testing has been done.

Down Load Your Cuomo AR Mag – A Printed AR-15 Magazine

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Svpernaut

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X5AZzOw7FwA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video brings up some good questions, specifically about intellectual property and the printing of human organs.