1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why people think Haren is a superstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeguo, Nov 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Haren sucks!

But..

Harden is BOSS!!!!

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

His name is Haren because he got no D.

3. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

BOSS? Boss of what? The Matadors?

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Harden >>>>>> Dwight? Who said that? Pull yourself together. No need to create a straw man.

They were the #8 seed last year with Harden and without Dwight. They would be fortunate to repeat the same with Dwight and no Harden.

Before the season (and after the opening game), I thought Dwight was clearly better than Harden. Not so sure about that now. When Morey trades Asik (and whoever else) for a real PF is when this team will settle down and become the best it can be. Until then, hopefully the knee-jerk thread-starters will chill out and enjoy the roller coaster.

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

harden is shooting an abysmal 26% from threes :eek:

but i expect the law of average should pick up soon. he'll get it going and balance out that percentage to about 37-39&.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Rockets made the playoffs last year and Dwight signed with Houston because of Harden

7. langal

langal Contributing Member

Sorry. Still pissed at Harden for that joke defense and it has nothing to do with Lin. Do I disproportionately blame him for the slow start? Hell yes. He's supposed to be our "superstar" and he is playing like Carmelo right now. This has nothing to do with Jeremy Lin.

8. vlaurelio

so he's equally responsible for wins and losses because he's the superstar fo this team right?

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

the production of Harden and Howard have a much greater influence on our success than other players

10. vlaurelio

agree I;m fine them getting the blame when we lose but gotta give them credit for the wins

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

oh no doubt, silly how theres so much chatter about Lin when hes a 3rd/4th option (Parsons has been crap). We're in a good position to have two PGs with very unique and contrasting skillsets, but ultimately how far we go depends on our two superstars.

12. omgTHEpotential

Harden is an offensive superstar, for sure.

On the defensive end though, he's a scrub. However, I do believe that he can improve there, if he ever decided he wants to become a true winner, not just a scoring champ.

13. MOHRocketeer

MOHRocketeer Rookie

Fighting for the 8th seed with Dwight and without Harden isn't being lottery fodder. That's my only point. Don't underrate Dwight/the rest of the team by saying this current team would be one of the bottom teams in the league w/o Harden. They'd probably be around last year's seed

14. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

First one off the top of my head. Not sure that's a good thing though...

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Ah, I see. So old vendetta from long ago is still lingering.

How fitting that it is the 75th anniversary of Kristallnacht.

Maybe let it go?

16. highlander3128

If OP gives back his D, then he surely is a superstar.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Heard of Tracy McGrady or Jermaine Oneal? And I can name a lot of players who played terrible in the finals. Heard of Lebron James, dude played horrible against the Spurs in his 1st finals appearance.

LOL I knew it was coming, fans can't enjoy their teams without bashing their best player. 7 games in and you are tripping..What the hell were we doing before Harden became a Rocket? Tell me about those years bruh.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

His peers consider him to be a Superstar. Ex. NBA Players call him a Superstar and Coaches all over the NBA calls him a SUPERSTAR. I would rather take their word over any fan outside of Houston.

19. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

20. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

Harden is a reliable scorer no doubt about that and at least a top ten offensive player. However, there is a reason OKC used him in a sixth man role and didn't give him the max contract he wanted to stay at OKC.

Harden would increase any team's offense but his obvious shortcomings in defense certainly do tarnish his offensive sparkle. Houston need to drive home the message to Harden that for him to take Houston to the next level, he's got to at least get his defense to a level where he's not a liability, which he is at the moment. It's yet to be seen if he can improve defensively without negatively impacting his offensive game. If he can at least become a decent defensive player, while maintaining his scoring production, and curtail his ball-stopping tendencies, then the Rockets will have a genuine superstar, but until then, he's just a great offensive weapon.