1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why people think Haren is a superstar?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeguo, Nov 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. DL24

DL24 Member

calm down guys, I'm a fan of Lin and even I think Harden is a top 10 (at least top 12-13) player. He is a very dynamic offensive player, and he can even go to his right comfortably now, which wasn't the case last year and he doesn't rely on the eurostep as much. I'm not sure why his defense is the way it is. It's his fifth year so you'd hope he would have become a complete player by now but he's still young. Besides wishing he would pass a bit more and score abit more efficiently and improve his D, he's honestly an excellent player

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL Haren is no superstar at all. He is not even a top 10 player in this league and you cannot be top 10 when you are a negative on defense and one of the 5 worst defenders in the NBA. Add to that a pathetic 3 point field goal % this season and only homers and Basketball novices would label him a superstar

3. makman

makman Member

Just using your version, so no not quite.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oh brother! When you start a new thread in response to a loss and ask something moronic like this, it's knee-jerk. By definition. It's also dumb, stupid and whatever you want to call it.

If a top 10 player (arguably top 5) isn't a superstar, then what is a superstar?

Maybe there should be a novice forum for new members. If they demonstrate a rudimentary knowledge of NBA basketball, then they could post in the GARM. At the very least, thread-starting privileges should be earned and not granted automatically.

5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Well, he got voted the 4th best player in the league - last season he was up there for most ppgs and he actually was one of the most efficient players of the league. Oh, and he rebounds and passes pretty well too and has the stats to back it up. A 26 6 5 2 player is a superstar.

Now if you think only HOF (HOF = Hall of Famer - just in case anyone was thinking Harden only Fan...) players a superstars, that of course you are right. He still has a long way to go to be considered a HOF. But he definetly is one of the marquee players of the league.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dumba$$es, he shouldn't even be playing right now, he's hurt. Don't judge "Haren" (no d, how clever) at the moment.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Two serious questions: In your opinion. Was Haren a superstar last year? Was he a top 10 player? Yes or no to both questions please.

Also: Name all the players in the NBA who were better than Haren last year. This should be very easy for you since you clearly aren't a basketball novice and Rockets homer.

8. King901

King901 Member

Haren the pitcher?

9. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Since: Sep 2002
    so what kind of Only Fan you are??

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No he was not a superstar last year in my books. As good as he is offensively, he is equally pathetic on the defensive end. No doubt he can put up points but he gives up just as many which is often overlooked. I personally value players who play both sides of the ball to an acceptable level. Haren is a negative on D.

He was a top 10 player last season but being a top 10 player does not make you a superstar.

10 players I would take over Harden off the top of my head today.

LeBron, Durant, Paul, George, Curry, Westbrook, Howard, Irving, Rose, Love

11. Victorious

Victorious Member

12. ParanoidAndroid

useless post. what's with all the name calling and witch hunting?

13. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I want to do a study on their migratory patterns of LOFs when Lin's contract is done. Will they all leave at once? Will some linger? How will they adapt to their new environment? Will they fill that forum with negativity as well?

14. SunsRocketsfan

All i know is paul george is >>>> than harden
    So is steph curry...

15. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

Ha can I call those guys reply op with strong words HOF?
    Haren is a offense star, no more no less.
    Harden is a star, no more no less.
    Harden play with the team and can knock down those clutch shots could be a super star, he is not there yet so still too early to say it now. even derrick rose with 1 MVP is not so convincing, they both must prove their game can lift their team to a higher level consistently.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well, too bad the vast majority of analysts believe he's a top 10 player. I guess they're all "homers and novices." LOL

Probably an old YOF, who has returned for Lin.

17. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Harden is overrated. Ask the Knicks how Melo is working out for them.

18. SunsRocketsfan

Also klove is >>> than dwight. We have two overrated so called superstars when neither one are. But hey they are still top players and on the rockets so ill root for them.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So if Harden is top 10 (Rose didn't even play last year and he's been terrible so far this year), maybe people who say he's a superstar aren't basketball novices and homers. In fact, in any ranking of knowledgeable NBA writers, Harden is top 10 in each and every one.

Get over it. Rockets will go as far as Harden will take them. They depend on him to pull the wagon on offense each and every night. Without him, the Rockets would be lottery fodder.

20. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

This makes no sense to me whatsoever. What does Anthony have to do with Harden?