1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanity2disChaos

Bobby,you need to stick to just talking about sports,it isn't my fault you can't understand in simple language what I meant. If you believe in what you say then you would have already ended prior conversation about the matter and got to the sport of the subject. But you are a talker and not an accurate or intelligent one at times. You posted pics,lol ,who has time or cares to look!! Stop it Bobby and stick to just sports.1% of African decent would make him "black" if not any and believe me it's never a low % if a factor.

2. Sanity2disChaos

This made me laugh!!! Seriously!!!

3. Nook

Nook Member

Colin Kaepernick played well last year and appears healthy. The problem is that he cannot perform in a traditional offense. You have draw up special plays and build an offense around him. Do you really want to do that for a back up QB? Many coaches don't want to have a separate package of plays for their back up QB. That eliminates a lot of potential teams.

Second he wants to start and supposedly wants 9-10 million a year. How many openings are there for a starting QB? Maybe 5? How many of those teams like their current starter more than Kaepernick?

The money is an issue. If he isn't going to be a day 1 starter, who is going to pay him 8-9 million a year?

Last, right or wrong there is media controversy surrounding him and teams don't want any attention given to their back up QB. Look at Tim Tebow.

All this garbage of him looking Greek and not black is irrelevant to the discussion. He views himself as a minority and believes he was treated differently; and it has impacted his politics and views. Nothing in the world or NFL happens in a vacuum and it has some degree of impact on his job impact. Everyone acting like it is a simple absolute proposition one way or the other, is doing so for their own agenda.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's adorable kiddo.....so you are saying that George Zimmerman is "black" right? His grandfather is black so that makes him black. I guess we just have to go on a case by case basis then right? I hope you'll always be around to tell us who counts as black and who doesn't.

Also, when you are saying "African decent" does that include parts of Africa that are generally considered non-black? Is Egyptian heritage enough to count as black? How about Lybian? I'm not sure you've thought out your position on this very well....maybe go back to the drawing board and try to come up with something more intelligent.

Honestly I shouldn't have even engaged the morons who wanted to take this in a D&D direction in the first place, for that I was wrong. Sadly, we don't have many intelligent football fans around here and that's the reason this is even a thread to begin with. If you really think that the alleged race of Kap's birth father has anything to do with why he doesn't have a job right now you are a knuckle dragging simpleton. I think we can leave it at that.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It should be irrelevant to the conversation because it has nothing to do with why he doesn't have a job....and yet we have multiple people here who think it's the reason why he's unemployed at the moment.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It's not the reason. It's just part of the reason.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's not. The entire reason is his lack of ability on the field and his decision to push political BS last season. The combination of him being a bad QB with the distraction factor caused by the political BS is why he's having trouble finding someone to sign him. As I've said many times, you can suck or you can be a potential distraction, but you can't be both. Just ask Tim Tebow.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

And the political BS happened because he is black and not greek. If he were greek there would be no political BS.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, anyone could have made an ass of themselves just as Kap did and the result would be the same if they also sucked at football. It's simply not tied to the alleged race of his father in any way.....unless we're saying that he wouldn't have made an ass of himself if he wasn't told that his father was black. Even then, there's plenty of black QB's in the NFL who either are good at football or didn't choose to make asses of themselves to where we can say definitively that race absolutely isn't a factor.

Jameis Winston is a good example actually, the league completely overlooked the whole rapist issue along with the other off the field incidents in college because he's actually good at football. The league is a meritocracy first and foremost. If you are good, they'll overlook a LOT. If you aren't good, you better be a model citizen and teammate or you might be done.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another example would be Chris Kluwe, he chose to let his politics become a distraction to his team and he's out of the league now as a result. Now if he was a really good player at an important position, I'm sure his team would have put up with it......since he was nothing but a mediocre punter.....yeah not so much.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bobby, I appreciate that you still want to get the last word in, to prove you're right. That's an admirable quality, in a way.

But post #242 and #244 are two of the worst posts I've ever seen on this BBS, and that's saying a lot.

I think all parties should see their way out of this conversation and we should lock the thread and let the chips fall where they may.

He's not a great quarterback, and should not be starting in the NFL. He wont be signed until he accepts that. People will champion for him, though. You are right to an extent, in your argument, but it's an argument that will never end because there's no way to gain finality in it.

Me personally, I don't believe race has a factor in it. I think owners are just worrying that he's a distraction, which he probably isn't. He's just not a great quarterback.

Sanity2disChaos and mick fry like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would agree that this thread should be locked given that it is absolutely ridiculous and you can disagree with me all you like, but I'm not wrong on this issue.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I added to my post.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

The answer is because Colin sucks. Now all of you go to your rooms and think about how freaking stupid you look getting all upset on basketball forum and go enjoy your Sunday. I'm very disappointed.

mick fry and Two Sandwiches like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh I don't agree with this. He could be as white as snow; and if he had the same politics; he would be in a similar position. Now his EXPERIENCES leading up to formulating his politics would likely be different if he were white but that is a different topic or issue.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I meant for this particular situation. His "political BS" was all based on a racial matter thus bringing into question his ethnicity, which by American definition alone is black.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really though. Like I said before, Chris Kluwe likely had his career end sooner than it otherwise would have due to his "political BS" and for him it was gay rights advocacy....and I don't think he's gay.

With Kap it doesn't matter what race his father is, what matters is that he sucks at football and he let politics become a distraction.

It doesn't matter who you are or what background you come from, when you suck at football and you let your actions become a distraction that is more trouble than you are worth, you aren't going to last long in the league.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Kap is not worth the distraction.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  19. ballgame

ballgame Member

Not that I think last yr was a distraction but If you're talking about starting the year with Tom Savage, Brandin Whitten and a rookie.....he's definitely worth it

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

YOU'RE GIIING HIM TOO MUCH CREDIT.....HE SHOULD JUST STICK TO CERTAIN SPORTS, MAINLY BASKETBALL. HE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ELSE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.