1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Magic are hot and Rockets are not

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Feb 12, 2009.

1. sab504

sab504 Member

Meer + Dwight >>>> Yao + any Filler on this team and that includes t*ag and artest combine.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And how good Yao Ming is....

:D

DD

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think the op said some good things. To the guy that said they have streak shooters don't watch hoops.When has Lewis and hedo ever been called streaky. They're both scorers that can shoot. Also with lewis, you can't play him with a 6'7 guy because he will go to the post. Hedo was a 6'8 guard that gresw 2 inches after his 21st birthday. He was always a good player in sacto, but peja was just better. The one thing they do have that the 94-95 rockets had was a quick,athletic,ground covering center. Howard/Dream can cover up defensively for a lot of guys. No matter if it was chuckie brown or horry playing the 4, he could react quickly of those guys got beat.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

my lord your about to hit 50,000 posts. wow

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree with the majority of everything except the part about Wafer standing around waiting for 3's and taking one on one.

1. He stands around to wait for the open 3 when Yao has the ball.

2. Wafer attacks the rim with ferociousness, not a 1 on 1 player tryna break the other guys ankles or post up like Ron and Tracy.

Other than that i agree with 99.9% of the post. ;)

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Reads really well, however, Orlando unlike the Rockets doesn't play D. If the 3 pointer isn't falling and Jameer being gone for the rest of the year. They will be just like the current Rockets... 1st Round Exit.

7. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Lest we forget, East is no longer LEAST any more. They have some pretty good teams and some crappy teams that Rockets could not beat.

But I am with you 100% on the depth observation. As badly as we've played, we will still make the postseason. Morey has done a decent job upgrading the bench. To think that Ryan Bowen used to start for us just a few years back, we've come a long way.

It is too bad that Tracy is still not himself and Battier is still recovering from his injury. I look for Battier to have a strong showing after ASB. I can't say the same about Tmac. If we run into the Lakers in the 1st round, this may be another one and out postseason. :(

8. ibm

ibm Member

orlando's players outside of howard are better shooters and athletes than the ones we have. simple.

that, plus they probably haven't had locker room issues.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The reason Orlando has a better record than Houston this year = McGrady.

Great quote.

10. redao

redao Member

a. They got a PG; we got Rafer.
    b. Howard is a beast; Yao is a soft.
    c. They are athletic; our only starter who has jumped is TMAC.

11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Lol. Yup. At his current pace of 13.57 posts per day, he should hit 50,000 posts in 2 months (I think my math is right). Does he win some sort of prize or something??

Personally, I think he should post less but bring us more videos ;)

12. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

forget about the magic, i'd be shocked if they found their way to the eastern conference finals......

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sorta agree. This is why I always wanted to swap McGrady for Redd. We need more pure shooters.

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Redd is more of a chucker than McGrady is.

15. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Eff orlando...GO ROCKETS!!!

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

You just love to hear your own name, don't you? :D

17. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

orlando is good because of Van Gundy. He was able to convince dwight to concentrate on rebounding and blocking and let the offense come to him. remember when dwihgt concentrated more on shooting because he wants to up his stats? they were losing, and stan called him out on that. he's been playing great defense ever since.

not to mention, jameer has been awfully good this year and better than all our PGs combined. turkoglu is at all star status. rashard is a better shooter than anyone we have this year too. even tony battie outplays landry/scola at times (well, maybe not scola).

while we on the other hand, have 3broken guys (tmac,artest,shane), a dominant center who cant rebound/block and a bunch of other guys who cant defend, and a coach who's only philosophy is "move the ball".

we may have a deeper bench overall, but you cant play them all.

but with jameer out, i doubt the magic reach the 2nd round.

18. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

both with great Centre ,but have to admit that Oranldo is more competitive than us now.

19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Regardless, the T-Mac trade was one of the most lop-sided trades in NBA history. What the Rockets and Magic have done since (FA signings, drafting) is irrelevant to that fact. Let's not forget the Magic have played in a weaker/shallower conference/division as well for the past 5 years...

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Since Nelson when down counting the game he went down. Magic are mediocre at best.

L Dallas At Home
    W Clipp At Home
    L Pacers Road
    W NJersey At Home
    L Denver At Home

So the difference is Nelson. And we know if Rafer play well the Rockets win no matter if Artest and McGrady is not playing.

Replace Rafer numbers with Nelson and Houston is a 40 + win team at this point in the West.