1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why Kyle Lowry must start over Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Nov 10, 2009.

1. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

When Aaron is playin great, everyone is praising him, He plays one bad half, these threads are made? Aaron coming off the bench is not right..

2. trugoy

trugoy Member

I think Lowry is almost as good as Chauncey billups in drawing fouls, sure he might not dazzle sportscenter, but he is very effective in getting to the line.

I think if he had more plays run for him, he could become a very viable perimeter option.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You'd have to extract it manually from the play by plays. For 10-15 feet, he's 43% so far.

4. Landlord Landry

hmmm...

I assumed he was referring to their abilities, regardless of year.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we trade him for Chauncey then? Because he is younger....

DD

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

that would be great if he could hit free throws or a jumpshot for that matter

7. trugoy

trugoy Member

Well Lowry is essentially Chauncey without a jumpshot.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ok Trugoy I was kinda following you till this statement...you can not be serious right lol :D

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is truly laughable.

Misinformed Brooks Haters: Lowry should start.

Patient and Sage Fans:Oh wait, the facts point otherwise!

Misinformed Brooks Haters
    : But its only six games! You can use those stats on me!

Patient Fans With Faith: Then why do you feel we need to change the lineup six games into the season? If you're going to use the You-can't-say-hes-that-good-this early....then why are you saying hes not panning out this early either? Especially on the night he was destroying it in the first half...before he tweaked his ankle?

10. durvasa

I don't care what they did last year in the regular season. In the playoffs last year, in preseason/regular season this year, Brooks has been the better offensive player. And its not close. To me, that's far more relevant.

1 person likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I sense some satire in this post, or god help us if I'm wrong. :eek:

12. trugoy

trugoy Member

Ok, I am not talking about intangibles and that sort of thing, but on the court, I certainly stand by that statement :)

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Thats where the argument should end. This team would be completely...I mean completely incapable of scoring at a rate to match other teams with lowry starting with no other all star

14. durvasa

Billups is far more under control with his dribble than Lowry. And you can't understate the importance of his jumper. Billups's jump shot is what makes him so good.

15. trugoy

trugoy Member

my point is, has he been the better POINT GUARD?

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Both Brooks and Lowry are young, fast, and tough. But, They are not very skilled player. I am not sure they are able to improve to the all-star level. I still think the rockets should trade for a great pg (e.g., Rubio) in future.

17. trugoy

trugoy Member

I am not understating the importance of the jumper, I mean if Lowry had a billups jumpshot, we wouldn't be having this conversation would we, Lowry would be getting Rondo type money on his contract extension.

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Hmmm....First off. Yes. The assist numbers say so.

2nd....does it even freaking matter? He could be a scoring point guard every night and as long as it helps the team, sure. Where were you when our offense completely collapsed?

NBA basketball does not follow a rigid structure. Dirk is a PF that shoots jumpers all day and he is a HOF.

Sheesh.

19. durvasa

For what this team needs at PG? Yes. The Rockets needs a playmaker at PG because of the offensive talent they are lacking elsewhere. Brooks is a threat to shoot the 3-pointer, shoot in the midrange, get a good shot in the lane, and distribute. That makes him much more difficult to guard than Lowry, which opens more opportunities ultimately for his teammates.

Lowry is very good at pushing the ball in transition. But in a half-court setting, Brooks give you more.

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Lowry developes an outside shot, which its apparent he has been working on, then he can even begin to be considered anything of a Billups clone. ;)