1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it would be stupid not to match tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets025, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I think we should let Parsons walk and go get some other FA to bolster our bench. With all of that money not spent on Parsons we could go get guys like Birdman, Ed Davis, Andre Blatche, Jameer Nelson, Brandon Rush, etc. I would rather have all of those guys than just Chandler.

2. deshen

deshen Member

The next season would be the final test for Harden too, especially in playoffs. If harden disappear again in playoffs, he would be on trade talk to exchange for another superstar.

3. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

I am aware that this comparison is not entirely fair, but you get the idea.

Per 36 minutes
    Player 1: 15.6PPG, 49.2% 2P%, 35.8% 3P%, 3.3RPG, 5.2APG, 1.2SPG
    Player 2: 15.9PPG, 47.2% 2P%, 37.0% 3P%, 5.3RPG, 3.9APG, 1.1SPG

One is your favorite whipping boy (25M/3years) and one is Parsons (46M/3years).

4. rocketblood713

You can't lose Parsons and losing him to Dallas would just be the worst we wouldn't of cared if he went home to Florida or Cleveland but Dallas nah you match that or pay for it and you know what former players do to the Rockets they end up going James Anderson on us

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I only want this in order to package&trade him later in exchange for a third star (Rondo, Love, Millsap, Durant, etc.). Horrible contract and not what we need on this team.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Rockets are not in any serious danger of exceeding the Luxury Tax Threshold of 76 million dollars even if they match Chandler Parsons contract. Matching Parsons, signing both draft picks and resigning Troy Daniels will only put us about ~70 million in salary cap which is still 6 million away from the Tax Threshold. The team also has an additional 4.1 million in non-guaranteed contracts that they can cut if needed to keep Les from paying any tax.

7. do work son

do work son Member

has this offseason not showed you that having cap room doesn't mean anything?

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Match him because we will then have a large TPE and the MLE.

I think Ariza is a better fit for the starting line up though. I like the idea that someone suggested: bring Parsons off the bench to backup the 3 and 4. Reduce Harden's minutes as well this way as I think Parsons/Ariza as the 3/2 can really work for this team.

If he doesn't like the bench very much, hopefully he can buy something with his money to comfort him. If that's not good enough, he can consent to a trade to a team of our choosing.

What I like about this is it's possible for everyone to win except Mark Cuban. However, I firmly believe Mark Cuban will offer $12-13m/year to Stephenson.

9. recadna

recadna Member

Well, how about last season? DH came through because we had the cap room. We missed because we were dealing with Bosh.

10. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Deng to the heat. Another target missed by mavs. Really hope we match parsons if for anything mess up the mavs

11. afk

afk Member

[​IMG]

Match it!

1 person likes this.
  12. Crank

Crank Member

Match him, next season trade him to milwaukee for some 2nd rounders. Teach him what happens when you cross Daryl Morey.
    Or when he signs ship him to rvg and make him stay there right before the playoffs.
    Or put him on the bench, and only put him in only when there is a huge lead.
    Im jk. Haha

13. houactuar

houactuar Member

Or make him spend three years with ego maniac Mark Cuban.

14. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell everything either.
    Lin and Parsons a great friends, but they don't have much in common on the court.

15. function

function Member

Nobody would want him then

16. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

I think they match in order to flip him later. DM the GM won't pay him like a star without flipping him.

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

Parsons is better of the bench.

Period.

But 15 million also says otherwise.

If we don't match its because Lex doesn't want to fork up the $$$$.

18. Remii

Remii Member

A lil upset there aren't we...lol.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ariza doesn't have the durability for us to depend on him being a starter, we need Parsons as the starter or we're punting on the season before it begins.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I honestly believe Ariza would be better off the bench.