1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Whataburger ketchup so good?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Mar 26, 2003.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepellumrocket

Oddly enough, I'm wearing my Whataburger shirt today. It's a shirt I got at Structure that has blue, orange, and white stripes. One of these days I'm gonna wear into a Whataburger and tell them I'm the new district manager and they should give me some free food.

2. Isabel

Isabel Member

Why is *any* ketchup so good? (is there anyone else out there who simply doesn't like this overly sweet, bland midwestern-American condiment? :) ) Dip your fries in something else, anything else... blue cheese dressing? hot sauce? A1? salsa? Or put tabasco on them. Red or green. But can't we do better than ketchup? :)

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The ketchup is pretty badass at Whataburger. I love bunching together a crap load of fries, dumping it in the ketchup, and stuffing it in my mouth.

4. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Spoken like a woman.

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I went with my parents to visit my brother in San Antonio a few years back. One day up there, we went to Whataburger, and they poured the ketchup in a styrofoam bowl. Well, my brother is a clown, and as my dad was dipping his fries, my brother shoved my dads hand into the ketchup bowl :eek:!!! After my dad cleaned up and we all had a laugh about it, we went back to eating...but my dad hadn't forgotten about it. :D As my bro was dipping his last fry, my dad took a swing at his hand, but my brother moved out of the way and my dad hit the ketchup bowl and sent it flying all over the restaurant!!! Luckily, no one was in the restaurant and no one got dirty, but the whole situation was hilarious!!! I've never seen my dad looking so nervous!!!:D :D

6. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Vincent: “But you know what they put on french fries in Holland instead of ketchup?”
    Jules: “What?”
    Vincent: “Mayonnaise.”
    Jules: “*Goddarn*!”
    Vincent: “I seen 'em do it. And I don't mean a little bit on the side of the plate, they *funkin'* drown 'em in it.”

7. deepellumrocket

Cream Gravy.

Oh yeah. :D

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

CLARK: Real tomato ketchup, Eddie?
    COUSIN EDDIE: Oh, nothing but the best.

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Remolaude sauce. Fries dipped in remolaude sauce. Mmmmmmm.

Then again, I'll put remolaude sauce on anything!

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'd like to have a WB shirt. I've asked the employees in there a couple of times if I could buy one of their hats. REQUEST DENIED.

I've always loved the ketchup, but never could figure out if it was the ketchup or the containers. I'm leaning towards the containers. I tend to think ketchup is ketchup for the most part.

11. deepellumrocket

Man, they used to be stingey with the ketchup with the Whataburger in Orange. When you got your food, they would ask you if you wanted ketchup and when you said 'yes' they would give you two little tubs. One time I asked for more and the girl said to come back when I finished what she had given me.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Well, were the two tubs enough? I never use more than two tubs for an order of fries.

13. drapg

drapg Member

I too wonder about the obsession with ketchup. As a kid I was addicted to it. I put it on EVERYTHING. I was always partial to Wendy's ketchup as a kid... maybe because I was addicted to their french fries. I loved those little white paper cups they used to get your ketchup. I would usually take about 12 or13 "shots of ketchup" for one order of fries.

Now as an adult, my taste buds have moved to mustard. I have actually caused my family to gag on several occaisions over the past few weeks with the types of food I SMOTHER in mustard (not cover, but actually smother in mustard... and onions. I eat one onion a day, literally)

And yes, I brush my teeth like a mad man afterwards as well. ;)

14. deepellumrocket

Usually, I'm scraping the tub to finish off an order of fries if I just have two.

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

When I was a little kid, I used to put a dab of ketchup on white rice and then mix it up. Did anybody else do this?

Who likes the polynesian sauce from Chick-fil-a? I love dipping those little chicken nugglets in that stuff. Mmmm mmm good.

16. codell

codell Contributing Member

Mulder's post confirmed what I thought.

Reason: Salt, and lots of it. In fact, most of Wataburger's stuff has alot of salt in it.

I eat at Wataburger and an hour later, my skin shrivles up. :eek:

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I can't stand regular yellow mustard, but the spicy brown mustard is awesome! I put it on everything.

18. drapg

drapg Member

mmm... regular yellow mustard. Sometimes I will eat it straight out of the squeeze bottle. :eek:

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I got a temporary second job at Whataburger to help fund my ordinance wish list and people do go ga-ga -goo-goo for the ketchup... They always ask for more...I think there is something to it...Police come in all the time for the free food and a good thing with the overnight shift and some drunks you get at that time...

20. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

What a waste of a thread...;)

but hey, when your right, your right...

I love that stuff, I always ask for more and use it on other fast food...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.