1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Lin getting so much hate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Nov 24, 2012.

?

Why so much Lin hate (options described below)?

1. Expectations

125 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Contract Cost

44 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Releasing other 2 PGs (Lowry/Dragic)

76 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. LOFs

67 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. Other

54 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. just a word

just a word Member

Actually not really the worst fans; this is actually pretty good and about average for a really polarizing-type person with mainstream appeal. I've seen it happen in several places: sports, tv, music, you name it, the same patterns happen. People are people.

Except when they're young people, and that's when it gets REALLY bad.

(I think we can perhaps all agree that Justin Bieber's fans are some of the worst.)

2. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

No, you misunderstand me, and perhaps that's my fault for not being clearer. I don't think they need to drastically change their system. But I think he needs more freedom and playmaking than he has had thus far.

Right now it's 40-30-30 with Harden-Lin-Parsons, and occasionally even 40-25-35 in terms of having the ball to make plays.

I'd like it to be 40-40-20 with Harden-Lin-Parsons, or even 45-40-15.

None of this requires a massive change in the system beyond trusting Lin with the ball a bit more than his currently the case. Ironically, I think this is where we are heading right now. I think Sampson is slowly beginning to see Lin's value as a playmaker.

Then again, Woodson considered Lin to not be starter material. And that was reflected in his attitude towards Lin once he took over and the way he reduced Lin's role on the team. The way Sampson has behaved has been a lot like the way Woodson had been. With Woodson, he kept trying to increase Baron Davis's role, which failed just like Sampson's attempts with Douglas have failed. Now Sampson is trying to make Parsons the second playmaker.

I don't know if Sampson has it in him to be more open minded, I hope he does.

All that being said, you say he's 3rd option and that's chicken and egg. In the Raptors game he had 16-10 within his limited role. If he had Linsanity type freedom you don't think he could have gone 25-15? I think he could have. But the thing is, I don't really need Lin to get Linsanity stats, more important is that Rocket's win, and I think letting Lin have a bit more freedom to playmake than he has had up to this point will help to achieve that.

3. kingshinewy

kingshinewy New Member

please give him more time, he's till young. We should be patient

4. coweye

coweye Member

The answer is simple. Those who jumped on the bandwagon jumping now off. Those guys should put the contribution of Lin with the Knicks in the right perspective. The more you expect the more you can be disappointed.
    I think Lin can play much better but i expected his slow start. The injury and the fact that he somehow spended more time on promotion than on getting ready for the season. I think and hope he will learn from it.