1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Is James Harden Struggling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Harden, Nov 7, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This was a classic Joey Crawford game.

The moment Harden complained he was doomed. Crawford always has to show he's in control smh.

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

It's simple really, Harden is option number 1. Is there an option 2? None. If no one steps up night in night out he will continue to struggle. What's going to happen is he may put up big numbers with low efficiency and team still loses. Rockets said they weren't banking on Linsanity and just needed lin to make smart "PG" plays. But without Linsanity and Tony D as backup, rest assured Harden will be zeroed in on the perimeter by other teams.

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

The fact that the NBA still employs known felons, such as Joey Crawford is dispicable. Even in spite of the officiating scandal, which he was a big part of you would think the NBA would limit his games.

I was happy to hear Stern is going away soon, I only hope his replacement will clean up the league and actually start holding officials accountable.

4. sidestep

sidestep Member

Crawford has a reputation for holding deep grudges and having personal vendettas against players, to the point that it blatantly skews games. We saw a bit of how he makes it personal with how he treated Faried, showing him who's boss and putting him in his place.

I couldn't tell whether he dislikes particular Rox players or the team in general, which would be kinda strange given how new the roster is. I guess the history goes back if there is indeed something behind the refereeing.

#64 sidestep, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Its not about him not able to finish over defenders, he kept losing the ball on the way to the basket. But he does have a higher running vertical than Blake Griffin, he just doesn't look athletic.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

He is struggling because he just had to go against the best wing defender outside of Lebron.

1 person likes this.
  7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yup. I knew it when Harden first complained that he was foul on the way to the basket to Joey. From that moment on, Harden got no calls at all from the official. Every time he drove in, they would swat his arm instead of the ball which force him to lose the ball and it frustrated him.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

If Harden wore a Lakers jersey he would have made it to the line a few more times than he did tonight, and it would have changed the complexion of the game because he would have maintained his aggressive play.

The thing that I hate about the NBA is that officials have too much control over game tempo. The NBA is the only sport I know of where professional gamblers will wait to bet on a game until they know who is officiating and that is unnacceptable.

9. slickster

slickster Member

Harden has had a couple of clunkers in a row.

It seems pretty obvious that the rockets are struggling now that the level of competition has stepped up (WC vs. EC).

That, and a few too many visits to da strip club.

10. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

the nba is trying to turn the league back into a "big man's game". noticed how Harden and Lin doesn't getting any calls lately. Lin hasnt been getting calls since preseason and Harden hasn't gotten calls since he broke out.

11. robrob

robrob Member

No there's nothing wrong with harden or the team.... I just cast a voodoo spell so that the team sucks, the earlier they sucks the earlier they trade jeremy lin to the heat.

before everyone bash me remember the first plan was to TANK (never seen any fans like to see their team to tank, only in this forum WTF!!!) so I am helping you guys achieve your goal and also we can even make lowry come back.

if my voodoo don't miss you will have the draft picks you been wanting.
    (hope those draft picks turn into likes of greg oden, samaki walker and kwame brown).

12. DDuana

DDuana Member

He cannot do nothing when he is camped at the baseline 3. McFail.

13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Crawford wanted to show "the new superstar" in Harden he was the boss. Harden got hacked on his first 2 drives and Crawford didn't do ****.

14. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

This.

15. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

He's struggling because he's playing the 1

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No kidding. That, and a young team, and Iggy, and George Karl coaching. Add a sore ankle, no backup point, Smith out, and there you go.

17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Nice way to start off in Houston, if this is a continue trend, this will breakup the team. Lin is banging with Master Chief (Halo 4) while Harden is a single guy doing what most single guy, or athletes with millions do (huuuutchooo-Tiger). Chemistry is a fragile thing, just ask Shaq and Kobe, or Hakeem and Barkley/Pippen.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Get a legit big who would be a threat off a pick and roll or a pick and pop and it'll end Harden and Lin's struggles.

John Stockton would not have been a Hall of Famer if not for Karl Malone. Sorry for the Jazz reference but what this team needs is a legit frontcourt scoring threat. Someone who could post up as well.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Clearly he is upset that none of our rookies are playing!!! :cool:

20. kgw

kgw Member

The first two games, Harden was allowed to do things his own way.

The last two games, McHale said he wanted Harden to do things his way.

We see the results.