1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Is It That......?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jared Novak, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

.......Cuttino Mobley feels the need to fall for Kobe Bryant's trap and play one-on-one, thus eliminating all hope of the Rockets winning the game? Everytime Cuttino and Kobe went back and forth, Kobe came out on top because he's quicker and better, bar none. Cuttino was overmatched, and Kobe was talking trash and playing with his head, and Cat fell for it.

.......Everyone on this board is talking about trading this guy and that guy, and etc.? So we're gonna let a losing streak (albeit a long one) get us down. Hell I liked what I saw tonight, Eddie Griffin showed why Rudy and CD traded for him, he's that good when he gets the minutes and touches. Tierre Brown looked good on the court as well, the guy is just so fast.

........Everyone thinks that Steve Francis is going to sign a long-term deal with the Rockets? I'm not a pessimist, just a realist. Lets look at the scenario; Steve can get paid wherever he goes (not as much as the Rockets can offer, but getting paid is getting paid). The Rockets have not reached the playoffs since he has gotten here. The Rockets DO NOT have the talent to be a contender, and before someone blows a gasket, let me explain:

The Real Talent
    Steve Francis
    Eddie Griffin

The Talent
    Cuttino Mobley (he'll stay here until he gets court discipline, needs to come off the bench as a spark)
    Kenny Thomas (great backup spark off the bench)
    Glen Rice (the GR that can hit a shot)
    Mo Taylor
    Oscar Torres

The Jury is Still Out On
    Tierre Brown
    Terrence Morris

The Deadweight That Needs to be Cut Loose
    Kelvin Cato (lets face it, he sucks, and always will)
    Glen Rice (the current one who can't shoot worth a damn)
    Moochie Norris (before Moochie supporters cry out, he's not worth the money, he's only a backup)
    Jason Collier (damn I know him being here is part of the reason we have EG, but you think this guy would actually do something)
    Dan Langhi (Could probably be a good player off the bench, still too wet behind the ears and he is disenchanted with the Rockets organization).

The Rockets have too much money tied into two (possibly three) guys and the talent level on this team has a severe drop off after Steve and EG, anyways to get back to my point, do you think Steve wants to stay on a team that has this talent level. Hopefully the Rockets will pick this thing up, and show Steve that the Rockets were casualties of injury, and come back with a strong year. I am a big Steve Francis fan, the guy is great and I would love to root for this guy like I did for Hakeem (when he was in a Rocket's uniform).

There are a lot of issues that need to be tended to, but with the current debacle, the talent on this team is gettting better, because guys who wouldn't normally get PT are, and it is benefiting them, so lets look forward to the Rockets continual growth (including the growing pains) and look forward to the next couple of years; they'll get better.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

That is why we Trade Francis for 2 great role players. We tank this year and draft Jason Williams. Trade Cuttino and Cato for Iverson, cause alot of ppl think this will happen. :)

2 years our lineup is

Griffin
    Mo
    T -Mo
    Iverson
    Jason Williams

WOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

3. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Wow! And you're a senior member? Yeah Clutch you definitely need to get rid of post counts.

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Honestly, I didn't really see Cuttino do much of anything until the second half, when he started going at Kobe, and he did fairly well, I thought.

Really, the biggest problem with this game from a player standpoint, IMO, was Moochie -- his box score looks awfully nice, but if you were at the game, watching the shot clock, it's amazing the game was so close -- he would usually face up his guy and try to dribble past him until there were 5 seconds left, then he'd pass it.

But that's not the point of this thread exactly -- to b**** about Moochie.

I REALLY liked what I saw from Tierre Brown tonight. He really played his heart out, and did a great job. He should likely be a keeper on the bench.

Tmo is the one I'm really still undecided on. He's got some good skills, and he played okay tonight, but I really was hoping for more. Now, granted, he's a rookie, and it'll take time, so I'm expecting to see him do very well in the rest of this season, and do very well next season. I like the dynamic he brings -- he's big, and he plays hard. He's versatile, and rebounds well.

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

That is why you are a rookie, you didnt notice the :).

Like i said before, I would trade Cuttino in a heartbeat. He has great talent but the guy is very dumb when it comes to playing teamwise.

6. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Jared,

You could break down each and every team in the NBA exactly the same way.

Look at the 6ers. How about SAC? How about Spurs? Look at the Rocks in 94.

Every team has 2 maybe 3 high caliber players and then you go down from there.

The job of a coach is the identify streghts of the role players and maximize the talent. Something Rudy is good at.

We'll learn Steve's true character if he jumps ship. I don't think he will. The Rocks were on the right track this season but had a lot of misfortune. Can happen to anybody anywhere. I'm sure he realizes that. The Rocks have the nucleous and need to heal, grow up, and a fill in a few minor gaps.