1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is everyone ok w/ Yao and not T-Mac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aggie 99, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

I think Yao has played just as bad, and you need both of them to be good to advance in the playoffs.

I know the T-mac has been a big puss, and looks like he has given up on the team, but Yao should be playing a lot better. The 2-pt shot he took the other night made no since to anyone, especially Jackson.

2. ibm

ibm Member

saying yao needs to play better is one thing, saying he's played just as bad as mcgrady is another.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This thread is based upon a false premise.

You do not need both of them to do well in the playoffs....you need a good TEAM to advance.

A team could advance built around Yao.....if the pieces fit...without Tracy.

Or

A team could advance built around Tmac ...if the pieces fit....

You don't need them both.....at all.

Shaq won without Kobe, and Kobe advanced without Shaq....people need to move beyond the "We need them both" mentality.

It is a pure canard.

DD

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Yao plays with effort and T-Mac doesn't.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You know what the problem with Yao is:

YOU CAN'T BLAME HIM. He is not playing bad, but he is not playing well, wither. He is not what he used to be.

That's the problem.

With T-Mac, you know he SUCKS.

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I stopped reading after you said, Yao is playing just as bad..... This thread is just as worse than any other thread. Stop being in denial!

7. rockyao

rockyao Member

because we are not stupid.

8. GMAC

GMAC Member

Who said Yao Ming's playing bad?

He's been our most consistent player and our only force (offensive/defensive) in the paint. He putting up solid numbers, which will only continue to get better as he works his way back to 100%. He's only missed 1 game this season.

Plus, the guy brings it every single night. Just like throughout his entire career.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Both players have exceptional skills, both lack fire. Yao is probably the harder worker, but on the court he often appears lazy and unaggressive, probably because of the lack of stamina. Also his injuries have taken something from him; he likely peaked a couple of seasons ago. This is true of TMac as well. I don't think a team can depend on two fragile and largely unaggressive players over an 82 game season. However, the right complimentary players are another key. I think Magic was dead on when he said that the TMac/Yao experiment had failed. Soon thereafter, Les reaffirmed his commitment to "building around them." Faulty thinking to the core, won't work, isn't working, will never work. Did I mention "fragile" and "unaggressive?"

10. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

just as bad...do you know what you are talking about?

11. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I bet TMac himself might ask the exact same question.

TMac and TMac's fans do not even know what the problem is.

12. SugarLandDream8

20/10 on over 50% FG is considered elite in any era - Fran Blindbury

13. apxn82

apxn82 Member

I'm a big Yao supporter but I think he need someone to light fire under behind to get the best out of him. I recalled many occasions that he turned dominant when some pissed him off. He need that every night not couple of nights. In order for this to be done, I think they need to hire a bully and just bully Yao around all day long. Just say crap to insult him all day long. GEEESH, hire me! I'll just play that Nate Robinson block on his arssss everywhere he go.

14. SugarLandDream8

Yao also gets along with all his teammates. You would think Yao and Francis would be enemies rather than very close friends since Francis wanted the Rockets to draft someone else and he didn't pass the ball to Yao that much. But instead Yao became close friends with Francis.

Mcgrady, however, have always thrown his teammates under the bus and has a history of not getting along with people like his cousin Vince Carter.

The drama from mcgrady, his history of quitting, and his hstory to pass the blame is behind a lot of the hate.

15. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

First of all, you're blind if you think Yao has played just as badly as Tracy. Yao's basically a 20/10 and 2 blocks guy (how many of those are there in the league today?) and he's shooting the 2nd best FG of his career along with his best FT%. Tracy, when he has played, has often looked apathetic or flat out disinterested while shooting less than 39% from the field and scoring more than 6 points less per game than last season. He's got a career high in FT%, but that's about the only bright spot in his game.

Second, the 2 pointer by Yao was, on the surface, a terrible decision. However, if you put yourself in Yao's shoes it's not hard to realize why he did it. According to Adelman, Aaron wasn't supposed to pass the ball in to Yao in the first place, so he had to have been surprised to begin with. Then when he made a move to pass the ball back out, it was knocked away temporarily. At that point, Yao had to recover the ball (with no chance to look at the game clock) and make a quick decision before time ran out. For all he knew, there wasn't time to pass it out. So, what's better? Let the clock run out and get NO shot, or at least attempt a shot and hope that maybe he gets fouled? Again, he was never supposed to have the ball in the first place, so it was a tough position to put him in with so little time left.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

One of them played with a broken foot and one of them complains about a tweaked knee.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yao is not playing as bad as T-mac. He has played pretty good to me.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Yao- 39 out of 40 games, one game in single digit scoring

Mac- 28 out of 40 games, 8 games in single digit scoring.

I'm okay with Yao and not with T-Mac

19. ibm

ibm Member

this summarizes it nicely. err, only wish #1 had #11's work ethic (we may have a ring already with a little luck).

yao with a fractured foot and still schooled chandler and gave the team a win, may i add.

20. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member