1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is everyone against upgrading at PG (in the near future)?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sen89, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Don't worry bro, one of these days Lin will finally cave and say yes to your handjob offer.

1 person likes this.
  2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I have no problem upgrading the PG as long as it's a legit upgrade. I'm not talking about some PG in his 30's thats just marginally better at spot up shooting either. Lin is very young and has a chance to be very good. IF CP3 wants to sign here in the off-season then I'm all for it but until something significant at the PG position becomes available then I would prefer to let Lin develop and see what he can become.

3. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

hahahhaa... lets give it at least half a season...
    bait.. bait.. bait..
    may re-look this thread after new year .. otherwise, just a waste of time.. too early.

4. just a word

just a word Member

If you'd meant BACKUP PG I might've taken this thread seriously.

5. just a word

just a word Member

So true I had to requote it.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Stephon Curry!! or Seth Curry from the draft (2nd round I think - cause of height).

Jimmer, Lawson, Brooks, Chalmers (very underrated), Knight.

Upgrade here would be Lawson, Chalmers, Knight and Stephon Curry but Brooks could be considered an upgrade if you are looking only for scoring.

I would say Chauncy Billups but he is old and is looking for a championship.

7. SK34

SK34 Member

There are too many of them.

8. Arthurprescott2

Wow. LOL :grin:

9. conquistador#11

would love the train wreck threads if we acquired rondo and paired him up with harden. "y no rondo shoot 3 good and stuff? trade him!"

let at least a season go by.

1 person likes this.
  10. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Rocket Fans will understand that no one is untouchable. not Asik, not Harden, not Lin, not Parsons etc etc.

So really if the OP has someone that is better then we absolutely should grab them.

But having said that you've already committed 8 mill cap space per year for this year and the next two years. So really anyone we bring it will have that constraint on our cap.

Are you going to do this by trade? if so with who? or are you going to outright side someone with the money left over? 3 mil?

I mean I'm ok with that. Get someone as backup and if outplays Lin then so be it. But I don't know who's out there at that price range that will be the great player you feel we need.

11. Hank_1

Hank_1 Member

This thread could have gone under "Jeremy Lin is a Joke".

The constant attention seeking disdain is disturbing. It's no wonder that Goran and Kyle made it hard for us to resign them.

12. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Another Lin hate thread. Before u make a thread like this at least wait till end of the year to know what kind of player he really is. He is not validating his contract? After 15 games? GTFO. I hope u get fired from your new job after a month.

13. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

bring brooks back to come off the bench, he will eventually outplay lin and take his job..

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

He's a Miami Heat killer.

15. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

WTF, Gasol thread spin off?

16. Allegro

Allegro Member

Why are you obsessing about handjobs? Maybe being delusional isn't your only issue.

17. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

All that mumble jumble from OP just wasted 5 minutes of my time. He could've said, "I don't like Lin and let's trade him!"

18. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Spot on.^
    I'll let Lin play a season before I pass on him though.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Or "Hey, Chinks: Why Are You Chinks So Attached To Our Chink Point Guard?," which seems to be what he means to say.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

You do realize why I mentioned Jimmer? Cause he can shoot and doesn't need the ball to shoot. Otherwise he is useless.