1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Capela so meek on unassisted shots?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pandaemonaeon, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Dude can jump out of the building and aggressively attack the rim when he's fed the ball, but if he has to do a layup or putback by himself his vertical jump suddenly plummets to 5 inches. Tonight I was like "Jesus Christ dude, just DUNK the ******* ball".

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#2 heypartner, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He hasn't always been that way and he's not always that way right now, but I agree it has been happening more than usual recently. He used to created a few makes with quick, powerful moves in the post but that's not happening as much. He usually takes his game up a level in the playoffs though so that's good. Also we forget Clint has always been slow to acclimate himself to 30+ minutes and I feel like he JUST got himself to that point in the last few games. Running out of steam on gimmies is a classic sign of tiredness.