1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is 790 bashing James harden ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 24, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

No. He wasn't there mentally. He was throwing the ball away, settling for too many 3's off the mismatches, and carelessly driving to the rim. It was close to game 6 against SA last year. It got to the point where he was passing out his mismatch and giving the ball up to EG. This is when GS was making it's run and CP was on the bench. If you're the leader of the team and playing scary it can trickle down to the other players. Thankfully we won

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Bingo.
    They have interest in being contrarians
    And pissing off real fans for ratings
    Or trolling

Rocket River

topfive likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what you guys thinks it's a video game. Harden can't just press a button on every possession and just "drive". When you miss that many threes, the defense just gives you more and more space to take away your drives. David West was giving Harden like a feet of space, you can't just drive into that, it's not how basketball works in real life.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is the highest level of talent, the highest level or pressure, the highest level competition and the highest stakes, on every single possession.

Every possession is mishmashed scramble to create whatever you can.

Another Brother likes this.
  5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

True, but harden cant "win" no matter what he does. He is crucified if he doesn't shoot.( last yr) then he is crucified if he shoots and misses. Personally anyone that is attacking him doesn' know enough basketball. He struggled but he stayed engaged atleast defensively. Not much more you could ask for

Killatron 2000 and Blurr#7 like this.
  6. marky :)

marky :) Member

I'm confused on the logic here. Regardless if James Harden is 0/100 from 3, if they give him 3 feet of space to shoot that OPEN 3, James Harden better take that shot 99.999% of the time. What is driving to the lane with his defender already sagging off of him going to do?

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So if anything in the Straits that you can play Bad and still win championship if you have a good team which the Rockets have a good team that's my point.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thank +8 BPM, his solid defense, crucial steal and dunk, crucial assist for the 3..

we didn't win despite of him

Killatron 2000 and topfive like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, that's sports for you. Harden inspires strong emotions either way. Man, he does have his detractors.

10. vlaurelio

is the season over yet?

11. vlaurelio

wonder if he replaced curry since 2014 would he have as much detractors

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Imagine if 790 were ******** on the Texans' best player as they were on the verge of making the Super Bowl.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Funny, before I posted that, I had actually typed something about Curry, then removed that portion. When Curry has his occasional bad game, his fans might say, "Well, we need him to play better, but he'll bounce back, Curry is the Jesus returned"; whereas so many of our fans after Harden's off-games are like, "Harden sucks, how I hate him."

Someone might say, "But Harden has more 'off' games than does Curry." Perhaps. But Harden's supporting cast is not 1/3 of the WC All Star team, either.

Right. I was thinking this morning when I briefly turned on SR790. It was a commercial. I switched it before the idiots could return; I seldom listen to sports radio anymore anyway. Because I thought, "They'll talk some Rockets, it'll be half negative, and then most of the talk will be Astros or how the Texans' training camp is only three months away, Texans Texans Texans."

Rocket River likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Because Curry has never had some of the worst games ever and dubious records such as most TOs in a game, the game 6 fiasco last yr, and now the most threes missed in a row in a playoffs. Harden's lows are SUPER DUPER low, which is why it's notable and noteworthy.

Wylo likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The only thing I even want him to consider differently on offense is driving in a little bit for a midrange step back

16. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

But did we win?

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

They would get a lot of listens and publicity & make a lot of money.

18. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

It’s a straw man deflection from their predictions. They can’t talk about being wrong about how this series is playing out so they accentuate the flaws in Hardens game to hide their own. I’m sure it’s been mentioned but I’d rather Harden miss 50 shots in a win than score 50 in a loss. Their entire conversation should be about this enigmatic defense, and how David is methodically knocking Goliath flat on his ass. D’Antoni is straight up making Kerr look like a pocket patting Valet whose somehow lost the keys to a Bentley.

Most of them don’t even bleed this Houston blood, they’re click bait peddling front runners are more obsessed with being right than embracing the history of this moment.

We’re winning an “unwinnable” series. To skew that narrative in favor of crapping on the league MVP who is wearing Rockets red is ridiculous.

Killatron 2000 and Rocket River like this.
  19. marky :)

marky :) Member

For those complaining that Harden was 0/10000 and should drive more, did y'all forget about the ISO drive and kick-out he did against Curry at the end of the game? That was a huge play by Harden and big time shot by Gordon. He's finally doing OTHER things that help us win other than score. He wasn't doing this in previous years.