1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is 790 bashing James harden ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 24, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

During the pregame stretching Harden was taking out handcuffs and locking CP up so that he couldn't properly stretch out his hamstring before the game. He also put fire-ants in CP3's leg wrap so that he couldn't wear it. Harden's jealousy was showing big time.

Killatron 2000 and DreamShook like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

cp3 basically had to push his body to the limit and kill himself to keep the rockets afloat and carry harden.

if harden wasn't so trash especially in the 2nd half. cp3 would have just been in standing in the corner while harden did what he was supposed to do and play like an mvp.

lw17, Jontro and J.R. like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

His D was not great all night. He repeatedly got blown by on drives, and neglected to contest a Klay Thompson three from the top of the key in the 3rd quarter. He redeemed himself with the block I referenced in the 4th, but he deserves criticism after having a game like this.

It was a terrible game from a guy expected to win MVP. The Rockets were fortunate to overcome it and win.

If CP3 is out for game 6/7, he will have to play much better for the Rockets to advance to the Finals.

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Curry is a 2 time mvp, Durant a mvp n they ain't playing like it either. Let that sink in

Killatron 2000, Cash Cam and Patience like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

eh. I don't like this explanation. I think it's silly.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’m not questioning his effort. He was tired tonight, as were pretty much all of the Rockets. He looked much fresher coming back in the 4th quarter after a five minute rest.

I will, however, question his shot selection. It took him until the 4th quarter to force the issue and attack the basket when he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with his jumper.

Crashlanded19 and Wylo like this.
  7. eslate22

eslate22 Member

for the last 8 quarters harden has played the best defense of his rockets career... you can’t have it both ways and complain about his offense too when he’s making up for it on the other side of the court which is what fans have given him crap about when he does have a bad shooting game

lw17, Cash Cam, Patience and 4 others like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

You can definitely question his effort. He wasn't attacking, lazy passes & indecisive in his moves. James Harden looks like he doesn't want it

9. rocketsmetalspd

No matter what I want him shooting Saturday as many 3s as possible. He is due to have a break out game on 3s. Also the team will need to go for it on Saturday. Go down shooting!!

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden left Curry wide open on that Cook 3. Would've been game if Draymond hit him instead of Cook.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Gosh I wonder if Harden contributed to this very important win. . . .

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  12. HookemHorns1250

I agree with that. Again, I have no problem talking about his horrendous offense. It was terrible, I just have an issue with those idiots saying "Harden with a Spurs game 6 game." No it wasn't even close...

sirbaihu and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. threepointshot3

He also blocked Durants turnaround jumper with a chance to for the Warriors to go up

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

He was attacking but when he 3 is not falling GS was back up and forcing it to shoot.

His problem this last 2 games are his 3 are not falling, he still 5-10 from 2pt with multiples dunks and 9-9 from the FT with great defense.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

There are alot of terrible fans on this thread. Can't even enjoy a win. You guys must be miserable people in real life. 790 is absolute trash now. Bunch of former football players giving their opinion on the Rockets is laughable. They have no real knowledge of the game. Lance basically killed that station.

WestendMassive and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL people here act like we should blown out GSW tonight if we didn't have harden

he was +8 incase you didn't closely watch the game

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed.
    Absolutely garbage Ass Fans . .

Rocket River

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Yeah. Mornings with Josh Anus! Man **** everyone there except Matt Thomas and Ross Villarreal

Dankstronaut likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

He's spending tons of energy on defense and it's clearly thrown off his offensive game. It's no secret most big time superstars throughout history are pretty sub par at defense because they conserve energy for offense. There's been lots of stars that could conserve their energy for offense but then turn on lockdown D for at least a crucial 5 minute stretch like a Kobe or LeBron. Harden isn't that guy. MJ is MJ because he's a freak of nature in that regard and gave maximum effort on both ends of the floor. Harden isn't MJ. He isn't Kobe. He isn't LeBron.

He's going to have to lighten his defensive effort in order to get his offensive game going. I know most think that's bullshit, but it's who he is. He's our guy. We know him and what he is and isn't capable of. If CP3 is out and Game 1 Harden shows up and our other guys actually knock down their shots unlike game 1, then were going home to rest and prepare for Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
    Without CP3 there's no pressure anymore IMO. It's not must win and we can play care free and just let it rain. Same for game 7 if CP3 is out that game too. The pressure is all gone. No one in the media is going to destroy Harden for losing to one of the greatest teams of all time without another all-star teammate. Harden knows this and will ball out.

mfastx, snowconeman22 and Stormy1234 like this.
  20. threepointshot3

So all the other years which he was always injured the playoffs was hardens fault? I really hope you are being sarcastic because otherwise one has to question you’re sanity