1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Houston is a good fit for Andre Drummond

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 24, 2012.

?

Trade up and select Andre Drummond?

1. Yes

85.1%
  2. No

14.9%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You right about that.

Gambling on either one is better than where we are at right now.

2. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

A few reasons. First, I would be very surprised if his agent would tell him walk away from the higher raises and extra year we can sign him to by holding his Bird rights. He may bluff like Melo, but in the end I have a hard time seeing him leave all that money on the table.

Second, where, really is he going to go as a free agent? Lakers way over the cap, as are the Knicks, and there are no indications that either team would be good even if they could clear space. The Clippers could trade away Jordan for nothing to a team with cap space but even then they can't offer anywhere close to the max, and I don't know how well he'd work with Griffin in the middle - they're very similar players. That leaves the Nets. You've got D-Will, Brooks and.... really nothing. That team just blows. Maybe he jumps, but it's hard to think he'd have more success there. Other than those four, you're left with a bunch of second-tier cities like Houston. Why give up the extra cash?

Third, I think if we resign Dragic, we'll be pretty good with Dwight, and we'll have a lot of young assets around him. The team hasn't peaked yet.

Finally, if we trade for the guy, the relationship is terrible, and it's clear that he won't resign here, we can always move him at the deadline for the best package we can get for him. It probably won't equal what we gave up to get him, but it's not a total loss.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could be smoke screen

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

The more I research this guy, the more red flags emerge. He has the profile, but supposedly lacks intensity, disappears in games, very raw. The "bust potential" is high. Hmmm.

5. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

In my opinion, the Rockets need to do a few things this off-season:

1) Trade Lowry.
    2) Trade up in the draft.
    3) Re-sign Dragic.
    4) Trade Kevin Martin.

Picks #14-#16 are role players at best or busts.

Trading Lowry/Martin should allow them to move up in the draft.

They need two superstar type potential players from this draft.

Trade #14 and whoever else to get #5 pick.

Trade #16 or future draft pick and Lowry for Blazers #6 pick or #8 pick from Toronto.

At #5 they should select Michael-Kidd Gilchrist.

At #6-8 they should select Drummond.

Both players are young (18) and have the ability to be studs in the future.

Another person I would look at is Jeremy Lamb I think he'll be a stud. It would be amazing to get all 3 players.

PG - Dragic
    SG - Lee/Lamb/Bud
    SF - Kidd-Gilchrist/Parsons/Bud
    PF - Scola/Patterson
    C - Camby/Drummond

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know. I just can't see him wanting to stay here once he moves. It's maybe a 25% chance he decides to stay.

I think the other guy - Drummond is an even riskier bet. I can't imagine building a franchise around a guy who has questionable passion for the game. That's just asking for trouble. Haven't we learned our lesson with this already?

we should forget about filling Role and just think about getting the best possible player we can get. Thats' the way to build a team.

7. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This guy is garbage - shoots 29% from the FT, and his range extends all of 2 feet from the basket.

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Newsflash every prospect is GARBAGE until they prove they can play in the NBA

no more safe picks

9. Garner

Garner Member

Say it to my brow
    Signed,
    [​IMG]

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

no homo?

11. Summer Song Giver

I'll be so goddamned pissed if we get up into the front of the draft TWICE and trade it all for that renta piece of **** from Orlando. Afterwhich, they'll probably draft TWO cornerstones and contend yearly with the Heat while wishy washy Dwight bolts in one year. WTF is wrong with our general manager?

Go back to calculator school you fat idiot.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Relax. There are no "cornerstones" in this draft besides Anthony Davis.

It's time for Houston to quit hitting bunt singles, and start swinging for the fences.